Complaint Review: BB&T - Branch Banking and Trust - First Virginia Bank

• Submitted: Thu, August 04, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, August 04, 2005

• Reported By:Larimer Pennsylvania
BB&T - Branch Banking and Trust - First Virginia Bank
P.O.Box 1847 Wilson, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

BB&T - Branch Banking and Trust - First Virginia Bank ripoff Wilson North Carolina

on July 21, 2005 the report date for my experian credit bureau I notice that BB&T (formely First Va Bank)had listed that my car loan account was written off as bad debt. I asked experian to investigate this because I had paid this account off.

The investigation came back as it being a mortgage account not a car loan and the account was not paid in full. Experian advise me to contact them directly and sent them any confirmations, documents showing this account is paid in full and wasn't a mortage loan.

I tried several numbers and was still unable after going though the automative voice response before I could talk to a live representative to get help and questions answer. No one could gave me the correct numbers on to who handle this request.

My problem is that BB&T are not reporting to the credit bureaus the accurate information which is causing consumer to have lower credit score. I paid this account off with the car title to prove this. It bother me that they would report such derogatory information especially when someone is disputing the account and the purposely report for the second time the wrong information.

Now, no only did they report the account is not paid in full they added that this account was a mortgage account which looks like I default on a home loan which is far more devastating than a car loan.

Pamela
Larimer, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2005 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT-Branch-Banking-and-Trust-First-Virginia-Bank/Wilson-North-Carolina-27894/BBT-Branch-Banking-and-Trust-First-Virginia-Bank-ripoff-Wilson-North-Carolina-152521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T - Branch Banking and Trust - First Virginia Bank