Complaint Review: BB&T Branch Banking

• Updated: Tue, July 17, 2012

• Reported By: fireice — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
BB&T Branch Banking
8558 University Blvd Charlotte, North Carolina United States of America

BB&T Branch Banking Consumer BLIND DUNCE / BBT WHITE COLLAR THIEF Charlotte, North Carolina

This is what you call I can rob you and you cant do anything about it! I accumulated $525 in Overdraft Fees in two seperate days. I receive a Social Security income in my account and half was taken to pay these fees off. This was new to me about having an option to opt out of having these fees stop if I didnt have  sufficient funds. I never heard of unlimited Overdraft fees. When I opened my account of last year in July the representative never told me of the option to opt out of overdraft fee. Seth never explained or even mention about an opt out option. I ask all questions with my husband and there was nothing said or written that these fees would occur unlimitedly as per transaction made. If there werent any funds to cover it from our savings it would be rejected or declined. Now a year later, things changed and never received any information on this, no email, no mail, no call, no notice at all. When I called to dispute these charges, the customer service told me due to the fact I never overdraft, they would refund me only two out the  15 transaction charges.I told them from my registar I should have had money in my account to cover these charges and they said it shows you had money, but it is out there still pending and that it was frozen for a schedule payments for the days to come in question.  I wasnt aware the bill payment schedule changed also, due to me scheduling a payment out froze all my funds for the day, leading me to overdraft fees. What is the sense in scheduling in advance if they freeze all funds on same day. This was new to me also, Ive been doing this for a year now and all of a sudden a change to this also? I was treated as a liar by the female accounts officer. Then I went to the guy(Seth)who I opened the account with and he said, he couldnt do anything and that the other account rep.(Matt) was handling the matter. Mind you, when I first called,, the Branch Mngr on vacation until week and a half, then Matt said, he couldnt do anything, I had to wait for him to take it up with Regional Mngr. and then he called me a week and half later telling me they denied my refund because it was not a bank error. Branch Mnger was out again due to death in the family this time. There was no one in office that could do anything and they all said they couldnt do anything about it. This income is detrimental to my state of living, as it were to anyone else. We cant be taking the banks all the time to court to fight for this, the poverty stricken people cant afford this and its always the people that dont have enough resources that get hit with these fees. The people that have money lingering around in their accounts dont feel this cause they are always covered. Not the people who live check to check! they are always getting hit with these fees.

If I had the funds I would take them to court. There was no proper notification of these changes to my account. I never signed anything to agree or disagree to this. This is giving access to the bank to steal from you however they want and it has to be stopped. Its bad enough we need a bank account just to receive a check from many employers these days and the bank knew it was going to steal from you. Make sure you know the lingo in what you are signing also, cause they make it difficult for you to read. That's also how they rob you. I just wish someone had the time to make a change in this situation for us poverty stricken people, veterans especially that fought for this country so you can walk around in peace to have a job.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT-Branch-Banking/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28213/BBT-Branch-Banking-Consumer-BLIND-DUNCE-BBT-WHITE-COLLAR-THIEF-Charlotte-North-Caroli-913392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T Branch Banking