Complaint Review: BB&T

PO BOX 2027 Greenville, SC Greenville, South Carolina United States of America

BB&T BB&T Bank online banking flawed Greenville, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Best to automate these payments

*Consumer Comment: questions

I made an online payment through BB&Ts website.  I have proof of this because my computer saved in web pages of the payment center as I navigated through the process.

When I realized a few days later the mortgage payment had not been deducted through my bank account, I called BB&T and they told me they had no record of my payment online.  The operator at this time communicated to me that BB&T had been having many problems with their website.  I have also seen many complaints online from customers who have complained about the BB&T website malfunctions.

Never the less, BB&T reported my mortgage payment as being 30 days late.
I tried to dispute through BB&T and was told they could not reverse information submitted to the 3 credit bureaus.  The representatives all tell me that they have no knowledge of a website malfunction.  I have made multiple attempts to speak with a supervisor but am always sent to voice mail.  I have left multiple messages, but have had no return phone calls.  Very poor customer service.

I have had this mortgage for years and never been late with any payment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2011 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT/Greenville-South-Carolina-29602-2027/BBT-BBT-Bank-online-banking-flawed-Greenville-South-Carolina-792488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T

Best to automate these payments

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Mortgage payments should be on auto pilot. Yours is with a relatively safe and honest bank. The only exception to letting the lender draft payments from your paying account automatically might be with a firm like Ocwen, which has a lot of, shall we say nicely, "issues".

At least this way, you know they're getting the payment on time via ACH transfers and they will never have an excuse to say the payment is late. Of couse, you would need to make sure available funds are there on pay dates.

questions

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Do you usually receive an email confirmation or confirmation number of the pending payment? Did you receive that email or confirmation number?