Complaint Review: BB&T

• Submitted: Sat, October 26, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, October 26, 2002

• Reported By:winston-salem nc
2nd st Hickory, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BB&T poor customer relationship hickory North Carolina

I've been with BB&T at least 10 yrs. My direct deposit goes in on Thursday night. BB&T charged me 90 for 3cks that went in Thursday night. I could pull money out of the anytime teller machine on Friday morning. Thier explaination was your deposit was considered a credit til Friday night then a deposit. I didn't quite understand how I could get cash out of the teller machine Friday morning when it wasn't credited to my account as a deposit.

They also charged me another 30 a few days before because the account service charge went through before my check. I haven't recieved a statement in months. They said I should know when the basic checking charge was going through.

I spoke to the customer service rep she agreed with me. She talked to the Branch manager and I got a resounding no, that is the banks policy. I asked a rep if the computer was programmed to attach fees. She responded with an uncomfortable yes.

winston-salen, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2002 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT/Hickory-North-Carolina/BBT-poor-customer-relationship-hickory-North-Carolina-33509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T