Complaint Review: BB&T

• Category: Banks

BB&T Ripoff Run from BB&T! Statewide Virginia

*Consumer Comment: more trouble I HATE BB&T

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact the FDIC I did

I have been banking for well over 26 yrs. and have NEVER, had trouble with a bank. I opened an account with BB&T in 2003 when relocating.

One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made.

They lace their system with ways of collecting sevice chages after sevice charges! This to the tune of $34 a shot. Rarely will there just be one charge on an occurance.

They now have a system where they will allow charges to take place on your debit card when funds arent available. Now, this wasnt the case when I first opened my account, and it shouldnt be now. They also will charge you $11 per month service charge, and if it over draws you.... guess what!!! Right at least another $34.

Now this isnt all. I had a fraudulent charge of $390 made against my bankcard from a online employer. As a result, I had several outstanding checks come through as a overdraft! By the way, understand this. I didnt have the $390 in the bank to pay these theives. They tried to get almost $2000 the first try, and from that point, they just kept entering in amounts until something went though. Why would BB&T let this happen??? Well, I know, do you??? The bank did call me immediately to inform me this transaction, for that I am grateful.

As a result an investigation did prove this was a fraudulent action, and I had the $390 deposited into my account. Great again, but BB&T refuses to take off their overdraft charges of almost $300 as a result of this action. UNBELIEVALE!(or is it?)

To say the least, if I dont somehow come up with almost $300 in a week they are going to close my account. Now, since I am looking for additional work and only have a part-time job at this time. How am I going to come up with hundreds of dollars for these crooks?

The economy where I live has a umemployment rate of 14% I have lived here now for 3 yrs and have constantly struggled to work whatever I can come up with to survive.

That is not the point for this entry though.

I regret the day I ever opened an account with this bank and I want to warn others before they do also.

Be assured, as I said I have banked for many yrs. and I have no record of bounced checks and such until the "mighty BB&T"

I will have to pay this folks so I can open another account elsewhere, so I have no choice but to come up with something.

Ann
statewide, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2005 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT/Statewide-Virginia/BBT-Ripoff-Run-from-BBT-Statewide-Virginia-153445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T

more trouble I HATE BB&T

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

Well, today I deposited the overdraft charges they say I owe after the fraud on my account. I was at least relieved that that was taken care of, although, I now dont have the money for my car payment! I decided to go online to my account this evening, and guess what?? This morning no more than 30 mins before I went to the bank to make my deposit, I could get my account information online. Now, as soon as I make my deposit, I can no longer gain access. (THE TELLER DID DISAPPEAR FOR A WHILE, BUT THAT HAPPENS WITH THESE GUYS) when I was being waited on at the drive up.

I called the trusty 800 number and was informed that there was a block on my account and I would have to contact my branch. I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT! I do not want to talk to the lady at my branch. She has it in for me.

The customer service said that they would have to to give me a new account or something. Like that is going to happen.

The letter I last received about this matter stated that I had about 20 days to deposit the overdrafts or my account would be closed. The manager at my branch had told me I would have 45 days.

The 20 days from the date of that letter is 6 days away.

I dont have anymore funds at this time to open another account, and if I did, it surely isnt going to be with them!

Let me knnow who I can contact to report this matter if you wouldnt mind.

Seems like BB&T got planned on getting my deposit and then immediately closing my acccout.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Contact the FDIC I did

AUTHOR: Roger - (U.S.A.)

I also have been a "victem of BB&T. You can read my report if you havent already. I also contacted the FDIC and had them investigate the issues I was having. They responded after concluding their investigation. I don't know if it helped however if enough us complain about the same thing they will take notice.