Complaint Review: BB&T

• Submitted: Tue, August 26, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 10, 2008

• Reported By:Brandon Florida
BB&T
110 South Stratford Road Winston Salem, North Carolina U.S.A.
  • Phone: 336-733-3300
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BB&T An abomination in bookkeeping and customer service Brandon Florida

*Consumer Comment: Anonymous....did you not read his post, he Deposited Cash! Do you work fo a bank?

*Consumer Comment: Here is your solution

Beware of this bank. They are privately/locally operated with no say so from Corporate. Thus making the local Bank Mgr. 'The Lord thy God of all things'. You will have NO ONE to complain to... you have no recourse when abused.

Early August of '08 my wife opened an account at BB&T. Within the very first 3 days we ran into problems.

First of all, the CASH that was deposited the day the account was opened, was frozen after a full day of it being already made available. They froze my funds for a full week, without notice or reason. When I asked the bank rep for an explanation, was told that the Bank Mgr. would call me with her 'reasoning'. Needless to say, I never got a call, only a letter some days later, outlining their "rights to hold my finances, at their discretion."... the funds were then released.

Two weeks later my funds were again locked by the local branch, this time when I called, I was understandably angry. After, saying to the rep that I would be better off just closing my account, he hung up on me. I called back, angry that he hung up in my ear (while I was speaking) and hes insisted that he didn't, that it was I that "closed" the call when I said my account will be closed. He, and I quote, "had no business with me if I'm not going to be his customer." I let him know that this would be reported to his superiors, as well as the BBB and that he needs a few lessons in customer service. Unfortunately, I have to wait until my direct deposit stops being sent to their bank before I can officially close the account.

Beware of this third rate, "Bank". They're going out of business for a reason.

M
Brandon, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-27104/BBT-An-abomination-in-bookkeeping-and-customer-service-Brandon-Florida-367057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T

Here is your solution

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Okay. Here is a situation that I will give you. Let's say that I walk into YOUR bank and open an account with a check for $5,000.00. Now, would you let it go, or protect YOUR bank and me (as the new customer)? The correct answer would be you would protect YOUR bank and me. Here is the reason. There are a lot of crooks out in the world. Did you know that people counterfeit cashiers checks and even postal money orders? Yeah I know you didn't. Banks have reasons to place "holds" on checks. Reason being because they don't know you from Adam. And you using God in the way you did wasn't right. Its sad because nowadays you can't trust people anymore. And every bank has policies and regulations that they have to follow that are up to the Government.