• Report: #82077

Complaint Review: BB&T

• Submitted: Fri, February 27, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, February 27, 2004

• Reported By:Fayetteville North Carolina
All Branches In Fayetteville Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 910-487-7500
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BB&T Bad customer relationship Fayetteville North Carolina

I am generally a nice person and easy to get along with, but dealing with the staff of BB&T has irked me long enough.

I don't make much to begin with, but when I do get my paycheck and leave it in the hands of BB&T with full trust that they are looking out for me I get hammered.

It started with a medical emergency one of which I had no control over. Had to overdraw my limit, but before doing so I called and asked them about it. They said as long as I paid the amount back within 10 days I was fine...which was fine by me because I got paid again in 5 days. Two days later my savings account was completly empty and they sent me a notice that if I didn't pay the over-drafted amount immediately they basically sue me for the amount. On top of what I owed them, which was only a hundred dollars to cover the medical visit, they charged an extra $30 twice.

When I called they said it was the standard so I paid it (which was my mistake) then cancled my savings account so that I only have checking now. I asked that they send me a letter before making anymore changes to my account and they said they would.

I'm still being charged $30 to cover the over-draft program. When I asked about it, they were very rude and cold to me. So over a two year period I've had to continually borrow money just to pay other bills because of these extra fees that go along with using a debit card which I thought when I used it like an ATM card when paying my bills was coming straight out of my available funds. Instead it is like a credit card and now I owe more than a nine-thousand dollars on top of paying their silly $30 to $60 fees.

I make approximately $790 every other week, but when I go to check my balance (which costs another fee all together just to use the ATM which I was told was free) I only have approximately $400 to use for paying bills, buying gas for my car and food. Of which they lock so for me to start using my money I have to call one of the local branches and have them take the lock off so I can pay my bills. It's already bad enough that after I pay my bills with the mere $400 I only have $30 for purchasing groceries so that I myself can survive. Having to borrow money for emergency expenses.

Fayetteville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2004 06:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBT/nationwide/BBT-Bad-customer-relationship-Fayetteville-North-Carolina-82077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BB&T