Complaint Review: BBVA COMPASS BANK

• Reported By: Tswinston — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
BBVA COMPASS BANK
701 E 32nd st South Birimgham, Al 35205 Internet United States of America

BBVA COMPASS BANK Compass Bank STOLE MY MONEY Internet

I am filing a complaint against compass bank for charging me 114.00 in insuffiecient fund fees. My account reflected $1.51 before I made a deposit of 369.00 on 11/27/09. I had 3 pending transactions that did not clear at the time of the deposit. While making my deposit the teller informed me my deposit will be posted immediately to cover my pending transactions and I had nothing to worry about since my account was positive, and my account will not post negative since the deposit was made. I checked my account on 11/28 my acct is reflecting 3 negative transactions in the amount of $2.17,$20.00, and $21.00 each transaction has a nsf of $38.00. The deposit reflects it posted last, when cash deposits should post immediately. I should only be charge a nsf if the account reflects a negative balance at the close of the business day. My account as of 11/28 shows a positive $331.51.I called customer service, spoke w/ ashley who informed me that my transactions posted first before my deposit but that is not true. How can pending items post before a cash deposit. I ask to speak w/ a supervisior by the name of Rachel who informed me there is nothing she can do and she needs to forward my info to customer management. She informed me I needed overdraft protection, but why do I need overdraft protection if I make a deposit to cover pending transactions before they post to my account. This is not the first time this bank has done this to me. My account has only been open for less than 8 weeks and they will not allow me to close the accounts without charging me a fee. This company insist on ripping off there customers, something must be done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2009 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBVA-COMPASS-BANK/internet/BBVA-COMPASS-BANK-Compass-Bank-STOLE-MY-MONEY-Internet-529962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBVA COMPASS BANK