Museum

• Updated: Tue, February 16, 2010

• Reported By: joyce — phoenix Arizona United States of America
BBVA Compass Bank
12434 North Tatum Boulevard Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

BBVA Compass Bank bbva, compass bank, compass, compass fraud, compass scams, compass bank thieves Phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: Not Stupid just an idiot

*Consumer Suggestion: Not a bank employee, just not stupid

*Author of original report: You must work for the bank

*Consumer Comment: So?

My exhusband opened an account with Chase bank.  When I asked him to borrow money he gave me a check off his Chase account.  Chase closed his account when they later discovered he was on chexsystems.  He informed me that Chase closed his account and I informed Compass bank that the check he gave me will come back on a close account.  Compass bank corporate security froze my account for closing and accused me of knowing depositing a check on a closed account.  This happened January 4, 2010 and Compass tells me that they will not release any of my funds until January 20, 2010.  Althought there is more than enough to cover a check for $333.00.  I have a wire from my dad of $1200.00 and my paycheck of $329.00 that compass is holding.  I am under threat of eviction with my manager of my apartments and having my utilities shut off right now.  Compass sucks, do not use Compass bank, they are crooks and thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2010 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBVA-Compass-Bank/Phoenix-Arizona-85032/BBVA-Compass-Bank-bbva-compass-bank-compass-compass-fraud-compass-scams-compass-bank-551465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBVA Compass Bank

Not Stupid just an idiot

AUTHOR: joyce - (USA)

No you are not stupid, just an idiot. You just like being devils advocate when you are just a devil. This is my last comment on this topic, I have moved on and you should also. You must be lonely.  Get a life. I only responded when I got an update.  I plan to unscribe.  This might be your connection to reality and a life. Take advantage of it.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Not a bank employee, just not stupid

AUTHOR: Violet - (USA)

Sounds like you do a lot of interacting with the bank, which perhaps could be why your ex- or current, can't tell, husband, is in Chex systems and you have issues as well with the bank.

I don't work for Compass, I doubt the other poster does either.

You aren't a victim of this economy, you would be in this boat regardless of the economy or any other factor.  Your a scammer and for some reason you think you should get some sympathy for the bank justifiably penalizng you and your spouse(ex).

Sorry lololol not in this lifetime.

You must work for the bank

AUTHOR: joyce - (USA)

You obviously work for the bank.  If my husband was trying to scam the bank he would not have come back to me and told me about the closure and gave me the money instead.  If I were trying to scam the bank I would not have called them and told them to expect the item.

You are entitled to your opinion but I found out that the bank lied about their corporate security and when I got a hold of that internal number they told me that it was the branch holding my money and not them.  Once confronted the branch release my money.

Here are the reasons they gave.  My exhusband is on chexsystems because he feel for a check scam.  They said they closed my account because he tried to cash a check where the signature did not match, but I gave him the check.  They then said it is because I was on an account with him where I was primary, but they opened the account. They then said that we tried to scam them with a check on a closed account.

Give me a break, I was a cash cow for compass as much as I paid out of my direct deposits in excessive fees from their special accounting practices.  I am glad the relationship is over.

I am a victim of this economy and do not have a savings. Other places like rent and mortgage can't afford to have mercy not to charge you late fees if it is not their fault. Most places now adays don't give you 30 to 45 days over, it depends on who you have and if they do I would hate to image the late charges.

I am glad for you that you have your shit so together I hope you will remember when the bottom falls out of your ass not to complain.

So?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Where is the report on your Ex who wrote you the bad check?

Unfortunately you are probably suffering as a result of people who try and scam banks by doing intentionally what happened to you.  That is deposit a bad check, and hope to get the money out before they realize it.  As a result while they will still take a look at your history, they are also a lot less forgiving.  There are many things they look at.  For example but not limited if you have a history of account issues, such as other returned checks.  Or a lack of history, such as this is a new account.  It is very likely that any bank would have done the same thing.  Once they do this they will "hold" the money in your account to verify that you have nothing outstanding, such as checks you wrote, or the possibility of the deposits coming back as bad.  Because your right you have enough to cover that $333, but how do they know you didn't decide to write another $1000 check?

I think there is probably more going on here than you have said.  Because I have never heard of a utility cutting off service for only being a few days late.  So unless you were already late with your utilities on January 4th, it is doubtful that they will cut them off on January 20th.  Most utilities will give you between 30 and 45 days before they do this.

Figuring that your rent is due on the 1st, a landlord is not going to go through the entire process of eviction especially if you explain it to them that you will be able to pay them about the 20th.  That is unless you are already behind in your rent and they see this as another "excuse".

In both cases you should talk to them and explain your situation.  If this is a one-time issue they may be able to work out some arrangements with you.