Complaint Review: BBVA Compass Banks

5800 North Mo-Pac Expressway Austin, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: (512) 419-3401
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

BBVA Compass Banks CLAIM TO REBATE ATM FEES IS A LIE AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A JOKE! Austin, Texas

I was living in Asuncion, Paraguay for all of 2009.  I decided to leave my money in my bank, BBVA Compass.  I was so excited when I arrived, because I noticed several BBVA banks.  Unfortunately, I was told I had no privelidges at BBVA and ATM fees (that were the equivalent of $5) would still apply.  I was disappointed since BBVA Compass went through all the trouble of changing their letterhead, signage and website, but neglected to get their customers the extra service.

I wasn't too worried since BBVA Compass offers rebates of other banks ATM's.  The first time I sent in my receipts, I received my rebates without any problems.  Everytime after that, my rebates were a small fraction what they should have been.  I immediately started messaging the bank electronically since calling would be too expensive.  I listed my questions and the responses I received never addressed any of my questions.  Finally after literally 15 emails they told me they could only refund the ISF fees because the ATM ees are not listed on the receipts.  I responded that I had copies of my receipts that not only show the fee, but I also highlighted it for them.  They would not respond to my inquiry after that.  I asked why they were able to refund the first batch of receipts in full- no response.

They clearly figured out that I would be requesting $50 a month in ATM rebates and decided to give me the run around hoping I would get tired of asking and let it go.  I did everything they asked.  I sent them the receipts with the highlighted the fees within their time frame.  The day after I got home, I moved my money to USAA- who really knows and understands customer service.

This was the last straw for me.  A few years ago, I tried to deposit a rather large check that I received quarterly from an investment I had made.  I could only make it on a Saturday due to my work schedule.  I was told that the check was too large and no manager was there to approve it and I would have to return during the week.  I told them that that was impossible for me.  They did not offer to hold the check even when i pointed out that I had deposited checks for the EXACT SAME amount 2 times previously that year.  It is extremely frustrating when a bank will not take your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2010 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBVA-Compass-Banks/Austin-Texas-78731/BBVA-Compass-Banks-CLAIM-TO-REBATE-ATM-FEES-IS-A-LIE-AND-THEIR-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-IS-A-JOKE-556498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBVA Compass Banks