Complaint Review: BBV*HotMovieSale.com

• Submitted: Fri, September 16, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, September 24, 2011

• Reported By: Gee Eff — Clemmons North Carolina USA
BBV*HotMovieSale.com

BBV*HotMovieSale.com Ordered 3 movies, but was charged $19.95/ month on C. Card for membership not requested. Internet

*Author of original report: Update on my complaint

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from BBV Support team

I paid through credit card over $37 for 3 DVD movies; one was a $1 'special'.  Now every 15th of the month, my card is charged $19.95 for a membership, I suppose, which was never requested nor desired.

I've disputed the charges with my credit card company and am awaiting their response.  They will respond in 60 days, so says their web site.  I will call them to see if I can block any further charges by this company.

I plan to call or otherwise contact this company soon to attempt a resolution through them, but seeing other complaints on this company leave me with little hope.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2011 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BBVHotMovieSalecom/internet/BBVHotMovieSalecom-Ordered-3-movies-but-was-charged-1995-month-on-C-Card-for-membe-777754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BBV*HotMovieSale.com

Update on my complaint

AUTHOR: Gee Eff - (USA)

The company rep I spoke to did refund 2 of the 3 monthly charges I complained about, and said that he'd request that his 'superiors' refund the 3rd charge at a future date(?).

Looking at the number of people who have complained before me, I think that either their 'disclaimers' are insufficiently obvious or are purposely obscure in order to dupe unsuspecting customers.  Either way, it smells like a scam.  I'm looking forward to the full refund of these membership fees as mentioned by the CSR 'Jeff'.

Reply from BBV Support team

AUTHOR: BBV Support Team - (United States of America)

Hi there,

I'm Jeff from the {hotmoviesale.com/BestBrandValues} Support Team.  I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regarding your concern of automatic sign up, we do not offer a mandatory membership and you can choose whether to join the membership and order or whether to order without joining the membership.

Also, the membership sign up is not automatic, and you have to agree to the Terms of Offer of membership on the checkout page to join the membership. The Terms of Offer are very clear on the checkout page and you have to agree to them in order to place the order and join the membership.

If you join the membership then you are entitled to many membership benefits like special $5.00 discounted price for first item, free shipping for first item and wholesale prices for all ordered items. If you had not joined the membership then these benefits would not have been applied to you.

We try to help all our customers to the best of our abilities and had you called or emailed us, we would of canceled your membership immediately and issued you a refund. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you need any further assistance, please contact us via Phone support or support ticket and we will be happy to assist you further.