Complaint Review: BC-ALBERTA MOVERS

• Submitted: Fri, October 18, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, October 18, 2013

• Reported By: Rami — Saskatoon Saskatchewan
370-1027 Davie St. Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

I wanted to move from Saskatoon to Markham on 29th of October, 2013. I talked to Derek in BC-Alberta Movers for that issue. I asked Derek for a quote to move my stuff to Markham. Derek gave me an approximate estimate verbally on the phone and I asked him to send me a quote. When I asked him to send me a quote he asked me for a credit card as he wants to withdraw a deposit to book a date for my movement. I asked him to send a quote first before I can give him my credit card so I can go through the quote and conditions. He said that this is a normal procedure in the company (BC-Alberta Movers) to show my seriousness and to book a date for my movement. I gave him my credit card number and on the same day which is the 7th of October, he sent a quote to move my stuff. I went through the quote which requires my signature and phoned Derek to ask him about things that the quote did not include which is storage. [continued below]....

..... Derek said that storage will be an extra fee and the redelivery of the furniture will be another extra fees. So I told him I will not sign the quote and I am not in agreement with this contract and asked him to refund back the deposit. Derek refused. Following that I sent him email to inform him that I am not in agreement with the quote he sent and asked him to refund my money back. He replied by an email telling me that if I approve he will refund 50% of my deposit. I received in my email many quotes from many different moving companies but none of them has required deposit to receive a quote. Also I noticed that in the website of BC-Alberta Movers company, you can request a free moving quote. I have the emails and the quote sent to me by Derek.

I would appreciate if you could help me in getting back my money which 375.16 C$. I will make all the efoort i can to get it back because this company has jut stollen the money without any right to do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2013 12:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BC-ALBERTA-MOVERS/Vancouver-British-Columbia-V6E-4L2/BC-ALBERTA-MOVERS-Derek-BC-ALBERTA-MOVERS-IS-A-THIEF-Vancouver-BC-1092899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BC-ALBERTA MOVERS