Complaint Review: BCTI

• Updated: Thu, June 07, 2007

• Reported By:Marysville Washington
BCTI
Tacoma, Washington U.S.A.

BCTI Business Computer Training Institute false credentials, job promises, instilling false hope, preying on the weak Tacoma Washington

I graduated from BCTI Tacoma, Wa in August of 1996. I was a 23 year old single mother of one, high school drop-out on welfare; you get the picture. A case worker at the WORK FIRST program suggested that I enroll in an attempt to better myself for my children. Sounded like a good plan to me.

During my enrollment, they asked if I was a high school graduate or if I had a G.E.D. I was honest and said no to both. They asked me to please get a G.E.D while taking their classes, and signed me up anyway. They told me that their school was nationaly accredited and that upon completion of the course I would be elegible for hire for almost any office job any where in the US. They told me that Boeing and Weyerhauser and other large local companies generally hired straight out of BCTI's graduating class. THEY LIED!!

A few months after I graduated I moved back up to Skagit County. I applied to every office job I could find. Banks, hospitals, clinics, schools you name it, I applied for it. Every single one turned me down because they didn't recognize BCTI's credentials. All my hard work to try to have a better life for my kids went straight down the toilet. And I'm expected to pay back over $8,000.00 for a federal student loan. For schooling that I have never been able to use.

If there is a class-action lawsuit out there somewhere against BCTI in Washington state, please by all means SIGN ME UP!!

Jennifer
Marysville, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2007 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BCTI/Tacoma-Washington/BCTI-Business-Computer-Training-Institute-false-credentials-job-promises-instilling-fals-252974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BCTI