Complaint Review: BEACH BODY P90x

• Updated: Wed, February 27, 2013

• Reported By:ENCINTAS California
BEACH BODY P90x
TORRANCE, California U.S.A.

BEACH BODY CREDIT CARD CHARGES UNAUTHORIZED UNAUTHERIZED CREDIT CARD CHARGES BY BEACH BODY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH TORRANCE California

*Consumer Comment: Still scamming people

*Consumer Comment: I used to sell Beachbody.

*Consumer Comment: Beware of beachbody.com

*Consumer Comment: Federal Trade Commission

I was on Beach Body website June 19th 130 am and went to purchase the P90X system, added it to the cart and then wanted to make changes to the order. unfortubnatly you cannot make changes, all you can do is make additions to the order which pushes the price up. After many attempts to cancel the order I just closed my browser, this morning at 1030am I check my email and had a order confirmation from Beach body. I called and chatted with them and they told me I cannot cancel my order. Hmmm, thats not right. A few more chats and his(Maverick O'Brien) computer went down . Then he re-connected and informed me I cannot and he cannot cancel. He told me I will have 30 days to return the product for full refund. I told them I am not responsible for the product as I did not order it.

Hmmm they are really that good at customer service that from 330 am till 1030 am they have that order boxed and ready to ship , ya right.

What gets me is the UNauthorized charging of my credit card. American Express has detailed me what to do and hey will handle beach body.

This is the most flagrant abuse of credit cards online I have ever seen or been part of.

Dave
ENCINTAS, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2009 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BEACH-BODY-P90x/TORRANCE-California/BEACH-BODY-CREDIT-CARD-CHARGES-UNAUTHORIZED-UNAUTHERIZED-CREDIT-CARD-CHARGES-BY-BEACH-BOD-462976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BEACH BODY P90x

Still scamming people

AUTHOR: Find Another Sucker - ()

I started looking at the T 25 product on the Beachbody website on Sunday, October 27, 2013. When I got to part 2 of what appeared to be a 4 step process, I quit right then because what was advertised on the first screen was not what appeareI on the second part. I contacted the chat immediately to inquire about the discrepancy. The person asked me in the beginning if I placed the order and told him I did not. After he explained what I would really be charged, I thanked him and the last thing I said was that I would not be ordering the product.  This is important because I got a written printout of the conversation that occurred.

I got a confirmation email followed by a shipping confirmation on Monday....for an order I didn't place. Well, I got back on the chat and I got the same person I had on Sunday.  I informed the person that I had a complete written record of our conversaction from Sunday which stated I did not order the product nor did I intend to order the product. I told them I was charged anyway. He then asked if I had entered my credit card info. I told him not to play dumb with me, he had to know that the website asked for that on the first step.  So then he apologized for how the data base was set up. I said he did not owe me an apology unless he designed it, however it was considered Fraud. The rep, said he was sorry I felt that way, i told him that it had nothing to do with how i felt and everything to do with what the law said and the law said this was fraud. He told me he was refunding my money but that I would be responsible for the shipping. I told him that, unfortunately, I was not going to be responsible for the shipping because I was refusing the delivery as an unauthorized, fraudulent activity (Thank you FedEx). I asked the guy who I needed to contact about the shipping...did he want to go get someone else or shall I handle it externally..and reminded him I had legitimacy behind me...he went and got someone else. The "floor supervisor" apologized for the "misunderstanding" and told me the shipping charge would be refunded as well. "Great" I said...then we can settle this all here...but then he said he was emailing me a return shipping label and "all I had to do was printing it out and give it to the FedEx guy" (Yeah..like I'm buying into that). I told him that I didn't need it because I was refusing the shipment. He lamely tried to tell me that if I didn't first accept the package and put the return label on it that it "would be lost" on the return.

This time, I apologized "that he felt that way" and I assured him "that I understood his concern"...HOWEVER, for legal purposes, I simply couldn't accept something I did not order, in the unfortunate event that I would have to take this to court, I wanted it on the record that at no time was I in possession of the product, lest any of my actions be written in the fine print as constituting "acceptance". I did tell them that I understood they had a script to follow and I knew they were doing what the company told them to do so it wasn't their fault that I was not buying into it. We pretty much left it that I knew that they knew that I knew it was all BS. I will be checking to make sure everything was returned to me that was owed.

I used to sell Beachbody.

AUTHOR: rmbongiovi - ()

Beachbody is the king of automatic shipments of idiotic products associated with their workout systems and Derm Exclusive.

Be nice to the operator on the phone if you are ever ordering a Beachbody product, they feel your pain but their job is to upsell more than just the products you saw on the advertisement, they have a contracted call center in Toledo, Ohio which has a high turnover rate of employees.

The products you see on the ads are not always in the basic package either. For example the jump mat for Insanity, and the jump mat for P90X are not included in the base package that is offered for 3 payments of 39.95. Beachbody wants you to buy the DELUXE package and the vitamins and this and that and more stuff you don't need and likely will not want after trying it (the vitamins).

If something sounds too good to be true, or if it sounds like something you do not want, ask questions.

Beachbody has a lot of products they have automatic shipment/auto renewal attached to them. 30day auto ships and 90 auto ships.

Don't buy Beachbody products from their televison or internet ads. Just get it on amazon.com

Beware of beachbody.com

AUTHOR: Katelin - (United States of America)

02/27/2013

The same thing just happened to me. I was going to buy Brazil Butt Lift on Beachbody.com. I went through the entire process for the basic video package. When I got to the end of the check out there was 2 in my shopping cart and it would not allow me to return to the previous screen to change the amount even though I know for a FACT I only clicked on one.  So I just exited the screen and never confirmed my order.  This was at about 5pm.

Around 7 I got an email confirming my order for 2. So I checked my account to see if I had been charged...nope.  Then this morning it is charged for $79.00, for 2 and for the shipping of 2.  I call beach body first thing this morning and they said its too late the that the package is already on its way. That I could ship it back for a full refund, but that I will have to pay the shipping.  So Im going to pay 160.00 for 2 of the same thing, or I can ship it back; which I have to pay the shipping.

This is stupid. I do all my shopping a accounting online and have never had such a problem.

Federal Trade Commission

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

This website has videos at the top of the page. One is titled..."Companies steal from your bank account. Find out how."

I highly suggest each and every person reading this now and in the future contact the Federal Trade Commission about Beachbody.com's blatant credit card abuse/fraud about charging you for charges you did not authorize, double billing, over charging or so called..."free trials" that you didn't know you signed up for ect....because no matter how you say it....it's stealing. Plain and simple.

They, beachbody, knows about the problems....because from all the complaints I've read....and you can research them and see for yourself...everyone is saying the exact same things. So...logically, if they know about the problem then why hasn't it stopped? Hmmmm......THAT is worth thinking about. And if beachbody is hit hard with bad publicity and an appropriate fine by the FTC for their shady business practices then maybe the fitness trainers will find a more ethical company to work with in the future.

Don't fall for the insincere apologies from the Consumer Affair's representative. If beachbody didn't have all the questionable billing practices then there would be no need for someone to play "good employee saving the innocent consumer from the BAD company". Think about it? It's very easy to implement ethical and reliable business practices IF you want to. Do NOT let anyone tell you different.

Also....when you see a few people giving good reviews or refuting someone's complaint ask yourself...."Why would a satisfied customer be on a complaint website giving Beachbody good reviews and refuting bad complaints?" I mean....do they NOT have anything better to do. Oh...I get it...they are sooooooo grateful to beachbody for allowing them to buy such an earth changing fitness video that it turns some people in to a cult follower. Give me a break! My guess...these so-called "regular customers" are not telling you that they are in fact a "coach" for beachbody.com. A "coach" is just a fancy name for saying..."I'm a salesman for beachbody.com" So...I contend that these so called "unbiased positive reviews" on complaint websites are mostly and probably made by these coaches, their spouses or friends.

Why take a chance with your credit card account, bank account, credit reports and credit scores (when they give you a double bill, over charge or unauthorized charge that makes you go over your limit on your credit card and it gives you a negative mark on your credit report, thereby ruining your credit score that is almost impossible to correct or at the very least...very, very time consuming to correct.) ?

I would think twice before buying from beachbody. After you do think twice...think some more before ordering from them or buying any products produced by them from ANY website UNTIL they change their shady business and billing practices.

Sorry for your troubles Dave. I changed my mind before I got burned. Beachbody tried to burn me, but they didn't succeed, nor did they offer any solutions. Only BS.

You can also go through their "live chat" and print out your chat with the customer service agent and have written proof of what beachbody told you. I HIGHLY recommend everyone do this. It's kind of hard for them to lie when you have written proof to show a judge or the FTC.

For anyone reading this...BUYER BEWARE and be smart!