Complaint Review: BEACON FINANCIAL GROUP

• Submitted: Tue, December 23, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 23, 2008

• Reported By:UNION CITY Pennsylvania
BEACON FINANCIAL GROUP
6000 FAIRVIEW RD CHARLOTTE, North Carolina U.S.A.

BEACON FINANCIAL GROUP ASKED FOR A SECURITY OF 5 MONTHLY PAYMENTS TO BE SENT TO THE A/R PRIVATE LENDER CHARLOTTE North Carolina

Got a phone call from a Bradley Dunham with a loan offer. Seemed to good to be true knowing what my credit was. He faxed me over the paper work, had my boss read it over, everything looked good. I had to make 5 monthlly payments up front for this secured loan.

He told me I had to go to a walmart and do a money gram transfer and make it out to a Katherine Baker located in Canaada. So I did. He told me to call him back with the ref number when I was done. I called him and gave him the ref number, plus my bank account info so my loan could be deposited by 5 the next day.

An hour later he calls and says I need to call Money Gram for security reasons, which they do randomly. He told me to tell them that this was a private issue and I knew this person.

When I called Money Gram and told them I had to call to release the money they put me on hold for a moment, got back on and said funds were transfered. I asked what the problem was and she had said that they have a list of people that are scammers and not aloud to disburse money out to. Then she asked me if i knew this person.
I then knew it was a scam and told the lady the story and she quickly was able to stop the funds and transfer back into my name.

I am so upset. Know I am worried because they have my checking acct information. I have called my bank and explained the story. I have put stop payment on anything from this Beacon place.

Also, after talking with Money Gram I called this Brad back who I was working with at Beacon and told him I explained everything to Money Gram and the money was not available for this scamer to pick up. He was very short and said he could guarinte it was not a scam but made no attempt to to insure it.

I hope something is done about this. I am glad I stopped it before it was to late. I really do feel bad for the people who lost their money to these people. Especially right before Christmas.

Kelly
UNION CITY, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2008 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BEACON-FINANCIAL-GROUP/CHARLOTTE-North-Carolina-28210/BEACON-FINANCIAL-GROUP-ASKED-FOR-A-SECURITY-OF-5-MONTHLY-PAYMENTS-TO-BE-SENT-TO-THE-AR-PR-404441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BEACON FINANCIAL GROUP