Complaint Review: BENNETT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT

• Reported By: anonymous — phoenix Arizona United States of America
BENNETT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
101 EAST FIRST AVENUE SUITE 105 phoenix, Arizona United States of America

BENNETT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT major f**king ripoff phoenix, Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: on time rental payments

This was my first time ever going through a real estate company for a home and just may be my last.  From the very beginning i have been having nothing but hell with these people.  And i swear that my original property manager was on drugs.

I have never had to do business with anyone so damn scatter brained in my life.  I have been being charged fees left and right for the most ridiculous reasons. since the real estate office is in a whole other city from me i have to mail my rent in  every month. I would mail my rent in on time and if the office receives it after the 5th i get charged and they will not accept my check.

So i would have to get a money order  and mail the rent out again with all of these dumb a** late fees just because they  decided that they will not take my rent. if it is a holiday how is it my fault that my rent did not reach you in time. they are money hungary b*stards who dont give a sh*t about their tenants.

the property managers are all sh*tty as hell and that includes my new one. I forewarn anyone that is looking to do business with the company You will have the worst service just turn the other way and look elsewhere.  not only because of the rent but also because of the service THEY JUST DONT CARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2012 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BENNETT-PROPERTY-MANAGEMENT/phoenix-Arizona-85210/BENNETT-PROPERTY-MANAGEMENT-major-fking-ripoff-phoenix-Arizona-908152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BENNETT PROPERTY MANAGEMENT

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

on time rental payments

AUTHOR: Anne - (United States of America)

When a tenant signs their lease, they are notified, in writing, what the rental due date is and what the deadline is to pay their rent without late fees.  By signing the lease, the tenant agrees to these terms.  It also clearly states in the lease that the deadlines are the same each month, regardless of weekends or holidays.  If a tenant wants to mail their rent via the US mail, they need to make the proper timing allowance, so that the rent will not arrive after the deadline date (which is the case in this complaint).

Rent can be paid via the US mail, online, or in person at our office.  We also have a drop box that accepts rent 24/7 at our office.

This tenant mailed his rent, which arrived after the rental acceptance deadline.  He is upset because we enforced the terms of the lease, which stated that he owed a late fee for late payment, and that he had to provide us with a cashier's check or money order, because the deadline for the acceptance of a personal check had also passed.

We represent the Owner of the property, and it is our obligation to ensure that the rent is collected and that the funds are good when collected (thus money order or cashier's check).  Also, we are required to treat everyone equally.  Each tenant, by signing their lease agreement, agrees to the term of the lease.  It is our obligation to enforce the terms of the lease.