Complaint Review: BERGE MAZDA VOLKSWAGON

• Submitted: Wed, May 26, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:MESA Arizona
BERGE MAZDA VOLKSWAGON
385 W BASELINE RD GILBERT, Arizona U.S.A.

BERGE MAZDA VOLKSWAGON FALSE REPRESENTATION OF LOJACK TRANSFERABILITY. Rip-off! GILBERT Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't let Berge get away with this!!!

I purchased 2 VW's from Berge Mazda-Volkswagon in a period of 6 months. Lojack was represented to me to be transferrable from 1 vehicle to another as well as from 1 owner to another. After I purchased the car with Lojack I was informed by Lojack that the Lojack service was only transferrable on the same vehicle to a new owner upon sale of the original vehicle. It was not transferable from one vehicle to another as I was originally told. A friend was present when I was purchasing the second VW and witnessed the comments Berge is now denying.

Because of my work hours and the availability of the individuals I have to speak with are at odds, my friend who witnessed the false representation of Lojack has followed up with Berge on my behalf. She has been in cantact with the above dealer at least 8 times over the past 6 months with no concrete results. She has offered on my behalf to bring the car in and have Lojack removed so they can have their unit back. Each time I am told that a check will be issued and it never is.

Last week I was told the dealer had received the required paperwork from Lojack to cancel my service with them and a check would be issued. Still no check. She called again today and was put through the usual run around: finance man, RT denies he ever said it was transferable, Scott Hinkle, the general sales manager now suggests I come in and sit down with the owner to "talk about it." Frankly, if they valued their customers appropriately, there would be no need "to talk about it".

My service with Lojack has been cancelled per Scott Hinkle and I have no check to compensate me for my original expenses. I am clearly only seeking compensation for money spent on a misrepresented item. According to Scott Hinkle Berge will be reimbursed by Lojack...So why am I still with no refund?

Margi
MESA, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2004 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BERGE-MAZDA-VOLKSWAGON/GILBERT-Arizona-85233/BERGE-MAZDA-VOLKSWAGON-FALSE-REPRESENTATION-OF-LOJACK-TRANSFERABILITY-Rip-off-GILBERT-Ar-93122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BERGE MAZDA VOLKSWAGON

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't let Berge get away with this!!!

AUTHOR: Jeremy - (U.S.A.)

I also had the same problems with my vehicle's check engine light. I've filed a report with ripoffreport.com as well. I recently protested outside of their store on president's day weekend. I strongly urge you now to file a report with the arizona attorney general's office. It takes less than 5 minutes. If we can find enough people that were ripped off by Berge they will file a class action lawsuit against the company. Go there now! http://www.azag.gov/consumer/ complaintformintro.html

I think we should also plan a protest weekend by all the people who were taken advantage of by Berge!
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC