Complaint Review: BEST BUY

• Submitted: Sat, December 29, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 25, 2012

• Reported By:Sutherland Virginia
BEST BUY
bestbuy.com Colonial Heights, Virginia U.S.A.

BEST BUY Hire idiots, managers suck, they can't get ANYTHING right.... Colonial Heights Virginia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: BBY Employees

*Consumer Comment: Don't hold your breath

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: BBY Corporate

I bought my wife a remote start and keyless entry for her 2008 Toyota Camary. The sales person said EVERYTHING I needed was in the box. $199.99. I advised I had a key with a chip in it and he said no worries, EVERYTHING is in the box. After 2 days of trying to setup an appointment on the phone ( It just goes to voicemail) we drive up there. They advise they are too busy come back at 10am the next day. We do that then are advised we don't have the key transponder because the sales person didn't grab it when I bought the remote starter. Now they say they don't have one.

Well my wife drives 1 hour to a different BEST BUY and they charge her $55.00 for a transponder kit. We go back to Colonial Heights BEST BUY and I go to customer service to get my credit for $55.00. Why should I be responsible for the stupidity of the sales staff. They call for a manager who looked like an overgrown midget with red hair. I advise of my problems and she says she can't give me the money back for the transponder and just turns away. I ask to speak to a store manager but no one else is available. Then I ask for the district manager and they don't even know his name and won't give me a phone number to call. I end up just telling them to give me back my $250.00. Then I proceed to find the idiot who sold me the remote starter. Well it must have been his lucky day because he wasn't there. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH BEST BUY. I'm sure they have some decent sales staff but why take a chance .......!!!!!

Chris
Sutherland, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2007 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BEST-BUY/Colonial-Heights-Virginia/BEST-BUY-Hire-idiots-managers-suck-they-cant-get-ANYTHING-right-Colonial-Heights-Vi-295532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BEST BUY

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

BBY Employees

AUTHOR: SengMooo - (United States of America)

The problem here is that BBY pays its "blue shirts" 90s wages. So what do you expect? They have a very high turnover rate because as a blueshirt, you cant even make enough to live! Its a joke.

Don't hold your breath

AUTHOR: Tomthetoe74 - (United States of America)

You can call corporate but do not expect to get through until the next day. I called directly to the store and the phone rang for 6 min 35 seconds before it was answered. I am a programmer and it is clear to me that BestBuy hires people that can't get a job any where else.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

BBY Corporate

AUTHOR: Epic - (U.S.A.)

Chris,

That was handled very poorly on thier part.

The number for corporate that you are looking for is 1-888-BESTBUY. You were misled by the salesman who made a promise he would have to keep. If he told you this is all you need-- that is all you are obliged to pay for.

If you ever doubt this, have him write it out on a CPO, which is one of those 3 carbon paper receipts. You have the right to request this.

This will make a salesman accountable for what he tells you, and if he refuses, then just find a salesman that will own up to what they are telling you. The philosophy they are taught is to be a "smart friend" when helping you. They are non commission.

Take this incident up with customer service if sales has failed you. Often they will comp you a gift card which should mitigate the hit from additional parts and labor that you will need, but shouldn't be liable for if you were told otherwise.