Complaint Review: BEWARE OF FRAUD - UCruising

• Reported By: Scarborough — Ontario Canada
BEWARE OF FRAUD - UCruising
8360 Kennedy Road, Markham Markham, Ontario United States of America

BEWARE OF FRAUD - UCruising BEWARD OF FRAUD Markham, Ontario

I booked my cruise vacation from UCruising (Unionville branch on Kennedy Road in Markham, Ontario)  last month and found that my credit card was compromised with 4 transactions totalling over $3000 CAD that did not belong to me.    I immediately called my credit card company and they had to cancel my card to prevent further transaction and issue a new card to me.   I then had to notify all the merchants that I had automatic payments from this credit card and gave them the new card numbers.

Since the 4 transactions were processed within 2 days of my booking with UCruising and they were all travel related transactions,  I suspected that they had something to do with UCruising.    As such I called U-Cruising to verify.   Lo and behold, they charged other customers purchases to my credit card  by mistake.   The excuse was that their last names were similar to mine!   How can anyone mix up last names starting with CH with YE?

Three weeks after the incident, only 2 out of 4 of these transactions were reversed while the other two remained on my credit card.    I followed up with U-Cruising again, but the manager demanded that I call the credit card company again to decline the transactions instead of fixing the mistake with their accounting department.    All along neither UCruising nor the manager apologized for the mistake / fraud and the inconvenience they have caused me.   I demanded a formal apology from UCruising but never received it.  I will never deal with UCruising again.    I wonder how many other accidentally charged to the wrong credit card incidents happened with this company.

Consider the risk before you book with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2011 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BEWARE-OF-FRAUD-UCruising/Markham-Ontario-/BEWARE-OF-FRAUD-UCruising-BEWARD-OF-FRAUD-Markham-Ontario-813821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BEWARE OF FRAUD - UCruising