Complaint Review: BF-Central, LLC

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: Lauren M. — Norton Massachusetts United States of America
BF-Central, LLC
7413 Six Forks Road #363. Raleigh NC 27615 155 Federal Street, Ste 700, Massachusetts United States of America

BF-Central, LLC CT Corporation System Personal Training Scam 155 Federal Street, Ste 700, Massachusetts

I joined Gold's Gym in Norton, MA and I signed up for ProFitness Training Services on 07/25/2011 after I was given a long list of services I would receive.  Among them were:

A laminated calendar for a planned work out to be done each day I did not have training
         A nutrition guide; what I should and should not be eating
         A physical assessment once a month including weight and body fat percentage in order to adjust the workout plan each month and check progress

The first day that I was consulted and had my free training session to see if I was interested in having a trainer, the trainer and I took a long time assessing my food intake, weekly exercise, motivation, weight, body fat index, etc. My training session that day was very affective and I was impressed and was interested in having a trainer. I signed up to have one training session per week, thinking this man would be my trainer and that I would receive a daily exercise guide and nutrition plan for the days that I did not have training. The next time I came in for training, I had a different trainer who did not have any of the information I gave to the first trainer the initial visit, and he trained me very poorly and for half of the time the first training session had been. When I asked about my file, he had no knowledge of where that was and it had been missing for the following couple of weeks.

After I complained about that trainer I was given a new one (still not the same trainer as the first time) and he was very good. I was satisfied with the training sessions when I received them; however, my file was still nowhere to be found, and I was not being assessed for my progress like I was promised. Once it was found a few weeks later, it was missing all of the contents I was promised would be in there (listed above) and were never added as long as I was receiving training.
 Once I started school again, my schedule became a little tight and I tried to arrange my training sessions for different days and times that I had originally been coming with no luck of having anyone available to train me. When I would call the trainers and leave them voicemails I would not receive any responses. When I did receive responses it was only to tell me that they were not available the days I was looking to be trained and they would get back to me without actually ever getting back to me. I would offer at least three different days per week that I was available for training and did not receive any training for weeks. After weeks of frustration, I called to cancel my membership.  I ended up calling several times and leaving messages but these calls were ignored.  I found no other solution but to cancel my debit card.  I didnt like resolving the situation this way but I didnt see any other alternative because no one would return my calls.

I have complained to Golds Gym because I also feel they are treating the members of Golds Gym unfairly.  You should not promise to fulfill a service and then not come through but still expect to collect payment.  Would you pay someone to paint your house if they never showed up to paint?  I dont believe anyone would.  Why should I be paying for someone to train and evaluate me when I cant get a training session?

Even though I was promised four sessions a month, after two months I only had 3 during the first two months.  Before they could take a third payment I cancelled my card because no one would answer any of my phone calls.  Now I'm being hounded by National Fitness for $1300.00!!!  This is such a scam!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BF-Central-LLC/155-Federal-Street-Ste-700-Massachusetts-02110/BF-Central-LLC-CT-Corporation-System-Personal-Training-Scam-155-Federal-Street-Ste-700-832796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BF-Central, LLC