Complaint Review: BGE

• Submitted: Sat, July 16, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, July 16, 2005

• Reported By:Pasadena Maryland
Fort Smallwood Rd Baltimore, Maryland U.S.A.

BGE ripoff, lightening strike, power outage, burned out PC Video Card, Will Not Replace and or Protect or Insure Baltimore Maryland

On July 16 2005, there was a sudden power failure during a thunder storm at 2:27PM. My Geforce 4 4800 SE video card was sending a movie to my projection tv when the power went out. The tv-secondary screen was made the primary for Interactive WinDVD7 player and was lost during the storm. Which means there isn't anyway to regain control of my PC using that video card because no matter which side of the card I hook up to my monitor all computer controls automatically jump back to the other side. I've got both a wall mounted surge protector and COMPUSA's best 6 plug surge protector on my pc, and a whole house surge protector added-on to my circuit breaker box. This is the second time I've lost a Geforce card during a thunder storm as this card I am using now is a Geforce 3 with it's dongle port burned out or made inoperable. It would be welcomed if BGE would turn on the outside street light for once and stopped playing with the electric as they're well known on my street for flipping the switch. We're not exactly talking brain surgery here.

Pasadena, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2005 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BGE/Baltimore-Maryland/BGE-ripoff-lightening-strike-power-outage-burned-out-PC-Video-Card-Will-Not-Replace-an-150006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BGE