Complaint Review: B&H Photo and Video

B&H Photo and Video
Internet USA

B&H Photo and Video Bait and switch Internet

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: B&H reply

I ordered a Tascam US-1800 from these jokers and after the extremely long shipping process, I opened my package only to find that they had sent me a USED model.  Not only that, but one with SPILLS on the bottom of it.  This is a pro level audio interface that I payed new prices for.  After I contacted their customer service to get it straightened out, they issued a RMA with incorrect information about what I would like to be done with my order.  They said I wanted the money refunded to the card, but I told them I wanted it exchanged for a new model.  The unit was on sale for a low price, and if they didn't exchange it I would have missed my opportunity to pick one up for the price I payed for it.  So if they refunded my card, I wouldn't be able to get the same audio interface.  After 3 calls to their customer service department, I was finally able to get the issue straightened out.  However, I am without the funds and the audio interface for about a month.  I have clients that were supposed to come record at my studio during this month, and now I have to tell them it won't happen.

In short, B&H is costing me thousands in lost studio time.  DO NOT EVER do business with these guys.  They are dishonest, disreputable, and inept.  I feel that they were trying to send a used model and hope that I wouldn't know and then not want to exchange it for a new model, as it would cost them more than refunding the card would.  I feel that this is a FRAUDULENT company and will do everything in my power to ensure that no one else ever does business with them.

AVOID B&H Photo and Video AT ALL COSTS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2013 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BH-Photo-and-Video/internet/BampH-Photo-and-Video-Bait-and-switch-Internet-1058877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on B&H Photo and Video

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

B&H reply

AUTHOR: Henry - ()

Web No: 1025448708

Thank you for your order and this feedback. We regret your dissatisfaction.We received your order 6/4 after 5:00pm EDT. It was shipped 6/5 via UPS ground, the method you chose when you placed this order. At that time we estimated delivery on 6/12 and that is the date UPS reports it was delivered. Speedier shipping optons were avakilable.

We record the serial number of items we ship from bar code labels attahcede to the manufacturer's box by the manufacturer or authorized US distributor. I checked the serial number we recorded for your transaction. The unit shipped to you was brand new and shipped to you as we received it from our supplier.

As soon as you informed us it was not satisfactory we issued return authorization and a pre-paid UPS return label for your convenience, At that point you had options:

• Return the item for a refund.
  • Return the item for an exchange ad we'd send another when we received and processed your return.
  • Purchase another which we'd have shipped rush (woth no s&h fee) and we'd have handled the return as a return-for-refund.

Your comment that the replacement unit would have been sent to you at a higher price is incorrect. The second unit would be sent with no price increase. UPS reports your return is en route. The exchange will be processed as soon as we receive and process the return package.

In closing we regret your dissatisfaction and the inconvenience it caused and categorically deny every one of the baseless accusations besmitching our integrity.

Henry Posner