Complaint Review: BIDZ.COM

3562 Eastham Dr. Culver City, California United States of America

BIDZ.COM never refunded my money to my credit card Culver City, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion from a professional

*Consumer Comment: Confirmation required

I bought two items from BIDZ.COM and one of them was damaged, i called them and they told me to send it back. After I sent it back, the company never refunded my money. It's been more then two weeks, and they said they never received my package. But come on, how long it is gonna take from Ohio to California to deliver the pakage? I called them twice, they deny that they received it, and after all I told them that I wiil contact my credit card company to get my money back-- the guy tells me "You didn't have the traking number on your package, so how you gonna proove that we got it?"  He sold himself...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 08:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BIDZCOM/Culver-City-California-90232/BIDZCOM-never-refunded-my-money-to-my-credit-card-Culver-City-California-486850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BIDZ.COM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion from a professional

AUTHOR: dmanblack03 - (United States of America)

Well chief, I'm a Dispute and Fraud Resolution Specialist for the 3rd largest banking institution in the country and Bidz.com is well within their rights of what they are doing.  They have 30 days to credit you account from the day your item is returned.  Secondly, unless you have signed proof of delivery of your returned merchandise, it's like you never returned it at all.  I tell my clients that you HAVE to keep a paper trail of everything you do.  The bottom line is, don't make a fuss unless you know what a merchant is allowed to do.  If it hasn't been 30 days, then wait.  If you don't have proof that you returned it, then keep calling and calling.  But if they say they never got it back, then guess what... you can't prove you returned it and you probably aren't getting your money back.  Unfortunately a tough lesson learned and hopefully not an expensive.  So for anyone that reads this in the future, be able to back up everything you do with proof.  If you return a product, make sure you do so with a tracking number and signed proof of delivery.

Confirmation required

AUTHOR: Patc - (U.S.A.)

This is an unfortunate situation being bidz does not regularly refund cost of return. It is up to the buyer to make sure they have some kind of proof of item shipped for return. One of the big downfalls of internet purchasing but bidz should offer to refund cost of return within a limit if the item is actually not as described or damaged. Maybe this would encourage bidz to upgrade their inspection/quality control instead of wasting time and money on worthless system/program upgrades as they are trying to do now.