• Report: #420625

BIDZ.COM
.bidz.com Internet U.S.A.

BIDZ.COM HOW LONG IS IT SUPPOSED TO TAKE TO GET ITEMS FROM BIDZ? Internet

*Consumer Comment: Bidz.com

*Author of original report: Got The Packages - So Dissapointed!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: FIMS shipping at bidz.com

Im not sure if this should be a report yet...
I ordered 19 pieces of jewellery from bidz.com, in 5 separate invoiced orders, within a few days. You get free shipping when you purchase 3 or more items and pay for them on the same day, so I thought, GREAT! So they get picked up at bidz and go to Newark NJ? That seems like a lot of bother as far as Im concerned... but ok.

The problems I am currently having are as follows:
1. 2 of the individual invoices have the same tracking number! When I asked bidz.com (through live chat), I got the cryptic answers I expected. Nothing substantial, just repeated, copied and pasted information... very frustrated, I ended the conversation. I also emailed FIMS and got an unusual reply about the order being sent out into regular mail, no commas or periods so it was quite difficult to interpret!

2. How long should I expect to wait for these items to get here? Its been almost 3 weeks now. I have had packages sent to me from every corner of the globe and the longest I have ever had to wait is 2 weeks, and that was a customs hold up!

Is this a normal thing to expect when ordering from bidz.com? I see there are a lot of unhappy customers associated with this company. I am regretting ever investing any money here.

I hope I get my package(s) soon, and I will update this report with my thoughts on the quality of the items I receive... here's to hoping it isnt all junk!
I will say this much,... I dont care if the jewellery I ordered is perfect and flawless and AAA+++ quality, I will never order from this company again... I would rather take my chances on eBay, at least I know Im protected by PayPal and will receive packages in a timely manner. I think it is ridiculous that someone should have to wait for weeks to receive a package.
Frustrated and Regretful!

Mona
Williamsford, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BIDZCOM/internet/BIDZCOM-HOW-LONG-IS-IT-SUPPOSED-TO-TAKE-TO-GET-ITEMS-FROM-BIDZ-Internet-420625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BIDZ.COM

Bidz.com

AUTHOR: Patti And Amy Houston - (U.S.A.)

They must be photography geniouses because the stuff online looks nothing like the real item. It is but in reality the jewelery looks like pot metal. Underneath or on other side it's really cheapo looking. I wonder where they get this crap. It's definitely misleading, beware, the things I bought look nothing like they did online.

Got The Packages - So Dissapointed!!!

AUTHOR: Lovesdeals - (Canada)

Ok, so the packages have finally arrived today. For the first time in the years that I have been buying internationally, I was charged customs duties. There were 5 packages in total, and I was charged duties for every single package. When I spoke to a customs agent, I was informed that I've been lucky that I've never had to pay customs before, and that customs "randomly" selects packages to charge duties on. I dont think picking all 5 of MY packages from the SAME company is "random". This may sounds lke a paranoid conspiracy theory of sorts, but... are Bidz.com and customs in cahoots? I feel silly even suggesting it, but this is ridiculous.
Now as far as the quality of the jewellery I ordered. 19 pieces and EVERY SINGLE PIECE is, as far as Im concerned, worth less than what I paid. Very thin gold on the rings, Im afraid to wear them, if I make a fist, will it bend and break? Looking on the inside of the shank, it is like the gold was scraped out to make even thinner. The 10K mark looks like someone scratched it on. The diamonds are microscopic. Some of the coloured gemstones look and feel like plastic. I guess you get what you pay for! Some of the jewellery came with a sticker (for resale purposes I assume) with the value on them. For instance, I bought an Aquamarine and Diamond 10K gold ring. I paid $28 USD. Not bad, I thought I was getting a tremendous deal. Yeah right! I would be afraid to wear it. Anyway, it has a sticker attached with a value of $339. I cant see ANYONE paying more than $40 for this thing. Basically I paid low for crap. Lesson learned, I will never buy from this company again!
On another note... Of the packages I received, some came from California, and some came from Switzerland. ... strange ...

Well, thats it, the people who run this company are pretty smart cookies. They make the pictures of the items they offer look fantastic, they offer $1 auctions every 5 seconds, and seriously, the stuff should sell for $1. They even get you sucked in with the free shipping. Good luck to all the people buying this stuff cheap to resell on eBay (and a LOT of people are doing it) - unless you sell extremely low and describe the item accurately, you're going to get a lot of negative feedback.

Thats my rant... and hopefully it will give some of the new buyers to bidz some information that could save them some wasted time and money.
Good Luck to all!
Mona, Canada

#3 Consumer Suggestion

FIMS shipping at bidz.com

AUTHOR: Brett - (Canada)

Hi Mona,

I have also ordered items through Bidz.com and used their FIMS delivery which they state can take 8 weeks after arriving in Newark, NJ.

Items I ordered in November took 6 weeks probably due to delays at customs. Other times my orders took close to 4 weeks to the day, after arriving in Newark.

The tracking information stops after Newark, because at this point Fedex has delivered the package as far as they are going to. There is NO tracking information available after this point.

Also for some unknown reason all my packages from bidz.com FIMS delivery are post marked from Malmo, Sweden which seems strange. It is not just one package, but ALL packages I received from bidz.com were dropped off at Newark by Fedex and then somehow mailed from Malmo, Sweden.

I have also used their Fedex Economy, which they use for orders over $300 or gift items ( generally brand name watches ). These orders generally arrive in a week after paying through checkout.

All my packages arrived eventually and none were missing items; however, I did receive a ring missing a diamond and some scratched gem stones.

You probably have a couple more weeks to wait at most. Hope it is worth it.