Complaint Review: BIG LOTS

135 Van Zile Rd. Brick, NJ 08724 Brick, New Jersey United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

BIG LOTS They sold me bad Polyurethane and refused to give me a refund because the can was opened. Brick, New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Did you have the receipt

*Author of original report: Dino-roslyn (USA)

*General Comment: istruuct

I bought a can of polyurethane in Big Lots that was bad.  After three days, I walked on it and it was smudging.  It ended up taking four days or more to dry, when it should have been 8-12 hours dry time.

I took it back to the Brick, NJ store.  The manager told me that they could not give me a refund because the can was opened.

The "Limited Warranty" on the can said to take back the unused portion to the dealer for a full refund or replacement.  Big Lots did not honor this warranty.

I e-mailed Big Lots headquarters twice addressing this problem with no response from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2010 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BIG-LOTS/Brick-New-Jersey-08724/BIG-LOTS-They-sold-me-bad-Polyurethane-and-refused-to-give-me-a-refund-because-the-can-wa-575691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BIG LOTS

Did you have the receipt

AUTHOR: Kristy - (United States of America)

When you took it back did you have the receipt with you. Big Lots has a strict policy requiring the CSS or Manager to scan the barcode on the receipt. It is the only way it can be entered into the computer. Also, was it within their 30 day return period. I don't know how other stores operate but in mine we do whatever is possible to make sure that our customers leave happy. I have never seen someone turned away because a product was opened.

Dino-roslyn (USA)

AUTHOR: Bob in Brick NJ - (USA)

I did everything correct, according to the manufacturer label on the can.

I contacted the manufacturer and I gave them the code on top of the can

and I got this response   " I had a meeting with the Vice-President of Architectural

Sales this afternoon, the production batch that you received  was possibly on the

shelf to long at Big Lot's."

Thanks,

Bob

#3 General Comment

istruuct

AUTHOR: Dino - (U.S.A.)

hi, you either did not mix well

apply too thick a coat

did not pay attention to drying conditions, i.e. is cold and humid in new jersey this last week, or a combanation of all the above

recemend after stir well , apply a light coat to the smudges only, allow to dry completly....you be ok