Complaint Review: BJS.COM

BJS.COM

BJS.COM Bjs warehouse club They are a ripoff, Internet

*Consumer Comment: it's cheap

*Consumer Comment: Buying online

*Author of original report: How dare you?

*General Comment: Consider it defective

*Consumer Comment: Basic nut & bolt assembly

I ordered Muscle Rack Steel Shelving Home Canning Unit from BJs.com for my utility room. Description of the product said easy to assemble, less than one hour. So, I started putting it together and found it to be very difficult to deal with- I cut my finger and broke 2 nails, and I just started with assembling. I realized this product was sharp and dangerous to put together and decided to return it. I called BJs and asked them to return it to the store (like we do with target.com, walmart.com, samsclub.com) and they tell me I have to ship it back and pay for the shipping myself (22 pounds) which would be $60.

So I have to pay $60 to ship a $40 item back. Makes no sense. I called the manufacturer and told them about my problem and their response was BJs has to give you your money back and than well refund them. However, BJs wont work with me on this one. I tried to leave a feedback about this item on BJs.com so other people dont get scammed like me, but all I got after writing a review was oops, something went wrong, please try again. I tried again and again and the same massage shows up. This just tells me BJs wont allow me to leave a negative feedback about the product. I have to say, they lost a customer because I am not going back there again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2011 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BJSCOM/internet/BJSCOM-Bjs-warehouse-club-They-are-a-ripoff-Internet-749727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BJS.COM

it's cheap

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

Of course it's unstable. It's cheap. You didn't mention that in your original post. That says more than "I cut my finger and broke 2 nails".

Buying online

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

This is, of course, one of the many problems with buying products on the Internet.  It's often better to pay a little more at a local store and you can stick it in your car and return it.

How dare you?

AUTHOR: ivanapotts - (United States of America)

Who are you to make a judgment whether I know how to use a screwdriver or not? If you knew me, you wouldnt be talking nonsense. Besides, I just got my husband and father in law to put it together. This "easy to install, less than one hour item to assemble" took them over 2 hours to put together and is very unstable. This just shows that you never had to deal with this item, so please, stop making judgments about people or products you are not familiar with.

I tried talking to every possible customer service representative and spent hours dealing with this issue. To make the story short, they wouldnt accept it at the store because I bought it at bjs.com, and bjs.com wont pay for shipping because they have a poor customer service. These shelves are unstable and sharp, and I am stuck with them. Its not a good situation to be in, but I hope there are people who will read my review and stay away from them

#4 General Comment

Consider it defective

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Consider the item defective if it's not properly machined and has sharp edges or burrs. Oversize items are always a hassle to return when bought mail order, even from the best stores. Call BJ's corporate executive office and insist on NOT dealing with usual customer service. I'll bet someone there will do something, at least arrange for you to return it to a store. Better yet, call the nearest store first and ask their manager (not some service clerk) if they can take it back from you due to the size/weight and fact that its got dangerous defects. Let us know how you do.

Basic nut & bolt assembly

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

That shelving unit is about as difficult to assemble as a ham & cheese sandwich. Request assistance from someone that knows how to operate a screwdriver.