Complaint Review: BJ's National Hand Car Wash

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: Alana — North Hollywood California
BJ's National Hand Car Wash
5950 Laurel Canyon. North Hollywood, California USA

BJ's National Hand Car Wash Damaged the passenger side of my console. North Hollywood California

On July 5, 2013 I went into Bj's to have my car washed. I asked for the $14.99 wash that was posted on the large sign in front of my car. The manager/owner walked me into the cashier area and offered me a "Deal." In his words, " Because you have a good job and a silver car, I'm going to tell you that the birdshit on your car eats at the paint like acid." So, I will give you a wash, wax, birdshit protection and rim deal for $21.99." Don't expect this deal every time you come here though."

I said okay. I then went back to my car to remove my pool stick so that I could put it into the trunk. I reached in from the passenger side while two of his employees stood to wait. No damage was present. The cosole of my car was melted and the cup holder had been pushed all the way in and I am unable to get it out.

I called the company on July 8, 2013 and left a message with my cellphone number for the manager to call me. Nothing.

I called on July 9, 2013 at 10:00 am. Someone answered and I asked to speak with the manager. The man says, I can help you. I went on to explain that I had been there on Friday to have my car washed and that there was some damage done. He asked me what it was and I tried explaining it to him but was unable to finish a sentence because he started yelling at me about how it was impossible for the damage to have been done there. He then hangs up on me.

I called back. When he answered he immediatly says to me if you speak like a gentleman I will listen. I told him that I know the damage was done there because I went home and parked right after that and nobody has been in my car until my girlfriend and I had gone out to eat on Sunday and she noticed it. He hung up on me again. So here I am writing this complaint in hopes that something can be done about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BJs-National-Hand-Car-Wash-/North-Hollywood-California-91607/BJs-National-Hand-Car-Wash-Damaged-the-passenger-side-of-my-console-North-Hollywood-Ca-1065559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BJ's National Hand Car Wash