Complaint Review: BLAKEY AUTOPLEX

• Submitted: Thu, October 25, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By: Ashley — Shreveport Louisiana United States of America
BLAKEY AUTOPLEX
3601 Benton Road Bossier City, Louisiana 71111 Benton Road, Louisiana United States of America

BLAKEY AUTOPLEX IN BOSSIER CITY, LA Cliff Blakey Paid $9,500 for a Maxima with over $7,000 in repairs - BEWARE!! Benton Road, Louisiana

*Author of original report: I was wrong, Blakey Auto Plex is Awesome!!!

*Author of original report: Ask for a CARFAX

*Consumer Comment: Anybody Home Upstairs?

My husband and I went to pick out a used car to buy on a Friday morning.  We picked out a used 2005 Toyota Rav 4 for 10,500.  Our salesman had one owner, Cliff Blakey work out the financial details and

come to find out we were 1,000 too much for qualifying he said for the car, therefore he wanted to put us in a 2006 Nissan Maxima.  We agreed if the car was a good one, as we had not driven it.  The salesman had my husband drive it and approve of it.  The financing went thru Chase Bank, and we were pleased.

We then got in the car a few hours later to drive back to Shreveport.  Our car started jerking and the transmission was slipping and it actually felt like I got a whip lash from the sudden hard shifting.

We we finally arrived home, the first thing I did was call Cliff Blakey and tell him what the car did on the way home.  He said bring it in first thing in the morning to our service dept. and they will check it out.

They gave me a "Loaner" and sent me home to wait.  On Monday I called and they said it would be a few days to get the Trans. Filter and Fluid from Nissan.  They ended up keeping my car 6 days to do this.  On the way home, it did the same thing.  I called them back and they said to bring it back in.  I told them this time I would take it to Orr Nissan and have them do a 27 point inspection test on it that cost $170.  It came back stating I needed over $7,000 worth of repairs on this car that I paid almost $10,000 for.  Nissan said that my Maxima needed a new transmission, new motor mounts, struts, belts, and an o ring to fix an engine leak.  All these repairs totaled of $7,000.  I took the inspection report to Cliff Blakey and asked him why they did not find these problems when they had my car for a week?  He said we are just human and make mistakes.  Sounds to me like he is looking after his own pocketbook and not caring about his customers.  BEWARE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2012 11:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BLAKEY-AUTOPLEX/Benton-Road-Louisiana-71111/BLAKEY-AUTOPLEX-IN-BOSSIER-CITY-LA-Cliff-Blakey-Paid-9500-for-a-Maxima-with-over-70-960309. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BLAKEY AUTOPLEX

I was wrong, Blakey Auto Plex is Awesome!!!

AUTHOR: Ashley - ()

I filed the previous report after going to Orr Nissan North having the car checked out. Their findings were very shocking and this is why I wanted to post their findings.  To my surprise,  I have had the car for over six months now and it is fine.  I felt like Orr Nissan North exagerated or lied about their
diagnosis when Blakey Autoplex reviewed their findings and found them false. I see where Blakey Autoplex is a real threat to Orr Nissan North since their prices on vehicles are much lower and their service dept. is faster and more reliable.  I learned a big lesson on this and I regret any problems this may have caused Blakey Autoplex.  Since then, I have used Blakey Autoplex on regular maintenance for my vehicle.  They have given me a loaner car and the service dept. is very polite.
I would recommend Blakey Autoplex to anyone wanting to save thousands on a used car.  I saved over $3,000 on the purchase of my Nissan Maxima at Blakeys Autoplex in Bossier City, LA.

Ask for a CARFAX

AUTHOR: Ashley - (United States of America)

THE MAIN LESSON HERE IS DO NOT BUY A USED CAR UNLESS YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT BEFORE BUYING IT.  THIS DEALER BUYS MOST OF HIS CARS AND TRUCKS FROM THE AUTO AUCTION AND THEY ARE MOSTLY HIGH MILE VEHICLES WITH SOME PROBLEMS.  THEY STATE ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT THEY GO THROUGH EACH VECHICLE AND RECONDITION IT MECHANICALLY.  THIS IS NOT TRUE IN MY CASE.  THEY HAVE REFUSED TO DO ANY REPAIRS WHATSOEVER ON THIS CAR.  I TRUST  PEOPLE TOO MUCH AND I GO SCREWED.... MY OPINION IS TO GO TO A GOOD CAR DEALERSHIP THAT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR 15 TO 20 YEARS .....THEY USUALLY HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION.

Anybody Home Upstairs?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You said you didn't even take this car on a test drive let alone have your own mechanic check it out BEFORE you bought it! Need I say more?