Complaint Review: BLOCKBUSTER EXPRESS

• Updated: Sat, March 03, 2012

• Reported By: Chanzoid — California United States of America
BLOCKBUSTER EXPRESS
SAN FRANCISCO, California United States of America

BLOCKBUSTER EXPRESS Blockbuster Express, Blockbuster Kiosk BILLED ME FOR DVDs I RETURNED SAN FRANCISCO, California

*Consumer Comment: Thank you !

I rented videos from a "kiosk" (also known as a vending machine). I returned the videos the next day, on time.

My credit card bill showed a $32 charge. I knew what they were up to because I had seen the Ripoff Reports and other reports. To the credit card company, I objected to the charge and complained I did not recognize the charge.

The credit card company came back a couple of weeks later saying the charge was removed.  Too bad.  I was ready to do battle with Blockbuster as I had with them regarding their retail store foul ups.

It may be that BB is just inefficient or they are making money from people who pay their credit card bill without reviewing the bill.  I would rather watch reruns on TV than do business with Blockbuster again.  I don't know why I thought their "kiosk" would be any different than their retail stores.  One reason BB is doing so badly across the board is that the company can't be trusted.

If you get one of Blockbuster's wrong billing, all it may take from you is to question the billing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2012 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BLOCKBUSTER-EXPRESS/SAN-FRANCISCO-California-/BLOCKBUSTER-EXPRESS-Blockbuster-Express-Blockbuster-Kiosk-BILLED-ME-FOR-DVDs-I-RETURNED-S-848108. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BLOCKBUSTER EXPRESS

Thank you !

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Thank you for this post. Noticed this had been a concern addressed. Never hurts to share current episodes of this charging that goes on.

I have another competitor I use for movie rentals. They have in place Three notifications that protect the consumer. (1): Notification of rental intent  with name of movie and invoice subtotal(2) Pick up time (3) Final drop off time/return with final charge being summed up for proof.

From these three steps one is guarded or has evidence of transaction from beginning to end. I get it both on my  iphone and thru email so I am doubly aware. Pity if blockbusters doesnt have this neat feature in place. It saves soo much time and frustration.