• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, August 13, 2014

• Reported By: twal — dallas Texas
Nationwide USA

opened American Express BlueBird acct and loaded $660 in cash on August 10, 2014 at 10:59am Central at a Walmart here in Dallas, Tx 75211. Also linked my previous prepaid card (expectations: Bancorp Bank) to the new BlueBird acct, to transfer my $22 remaining over. This transfer was unsuccessful. It was unsuccessful because the expectations card charges a fee, and I didn't leave room for the fee to be obtained. I received an email from Amex BlueBird that that this was unsuccesful and to try another approach of linking an account. This email was received on Monday, Aug 11, 2014 at 8:54am. I used my new Amex prepaid card for breakfast and lunch. I tried using it Monday 8/11/14 evening after work, only to find that the card had been locked. This took place with no warning, no communication. I called and was told several times by several different customer service reps (india/phillipines) that there was nothing they could do, or any information they could give me, or any phone numbers they had they could give me. Only that my account was closed. No reasons noted. This raised an alert.

I called American Express and 2 of their reps called and got nowhere. Finally researching the internet, there was a # listed for the protection department. I was told the acct was closed due to card abuse. I'd only used it 4 times, and it was used with my money i loaded the card with in cash!! I spoke to someone on Tuesday 8/12/14 during the morning hours, and she informed me that a check for my remaining balance would go out today 8/13/14, and that i would receive a call or email. This never happened. I called again today around 3:30pm 8/13/14, and someone else informed me that my check hadn't been sent and that it could take up to 10 days for them to decide when they want to send it. I explained this was a nightmare and that I was ashamed American Express would allow this type of customer service. I explained that I've talked to too many people there and every single time there is a different story. I proceeded to ask if i could do an address update since i moved this weekend. She informed me that only if i had a bill with my name and new address on it. She informed that if i couldnt provide that information, they would keep my money. Hello!!! Its my MONEY!! This is hugely unethical. I told her nevermind, I'll have the apartment staff be on the lookout for it. I have been refused proper customer service, huge financial inconvenience (i had no money to feed my child), and refused to update my information. Action needs to be put into place quickly. I believe this is a scam to keep peoples money and give 100 reasons why it cant be returned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2014 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BLUE-BIRD-AMERICAN-EXPRESS/nationwide/BLUE-BIRD-AMERICAN-EXPRESS-STUPID-PREPAID-COMPANY-WORST-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-EVER-Nationwide-1169623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BLUE BIRD AMERICAN EXPRESS