Complaint Review: BLUEGREEN RESORTS

• Submitted: Fri, February 29, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 17, 2008

• Reported By:lansing Michigan
BLUEGREEN RESORTS
BLUEGREEN.COM NOVI, Michigan U.S.A.

BLUEGREEN RESORTS BLUEGREEN RESORTS IS NOT EVERYTHING IT CLAIMS TO BE NOVI Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Write to MI Attorney General

*Consumer Suggestion: I also bought Bluegreen points at Novi.

We were mailed some information about Bluegreen telling us we won four free airline tickets and a cruise and a free visa card and a free dinner. All we had to do was listen to a forty-five min. presentation. They keep us there three hours and we finally said yes after they promised us a free Florida vacation. Everytime we tried to set up our vacation nothing was available. Nobody returned our telephone calls. We never got the free gifts, only a fifty dollar visa card.

Now we are paying a yearly fee, for what we don't know. We are trying to sell, but no help is coming from Bluegreen. We decided to stop paying the monthly payments. Bluegreen turned us over to a collection agency and now we have one bad thing on our credit report. We are still trying to get out of this nightmare. If Bluegreen calls on you, run away from them as fast as possible.

Ronnie
lansing, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 03:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BLUEGREEN-RESORTS/NOVI-Michigan/BLUEGREEN-RESORTS-BLUEGREEN-RESORTS-IS-NOT-EVERYTHING-IT-CLAIMS-TO-BE-NOVI-Michigan-313217. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BLUEGREEN RESORTS

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Write to MI Attorney General

AUTHOR: Rt - (U.S.A.)

Please write to MI Attorney General immediately. I did and was told that we need more people. On Oct. 14, 2008, the PA Attorney General filed over $100 in Consumer Protection Violation Lawsuits against Bluegreen. We cannot do this individually. We need the support of each other in order to prove that we were all put through the same high pressure sales pitch. Please Write now.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I also bought Bluegreen points at Novi.

AUTHOR: Neuf150 - (U.S.A.)

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with Bluegreen.

I bought Bluegreen points at Novi 5 years ago. It took me 4 attempts to use the free Vegas trip but they finally came across with a Mon-Wed. trip staying at the Stardust. Airfare and hotel stay were free. I could not use the cruise. You had to reply within 30 days and I missed the window.

Bluegreen is a complicated system but once you learn it, it's great!!! I just upgraded to Silver and have 3 trips booked for the next 9 months. You have to be flexible, you don't always get exactly what you want, and you have to plan ahead.

Resale of points will maybe get you 30% of your original investment if that much. Join the group: Bluegreen@yahoogroups.com You will learn how to use the ponts. Sometimes people on the group will buy points or point you in the direction of an honest timeshare realtor.

Good luck.