Complaint Review: BMJ Enterprizes - AAMCO Transmissions

• Submitted: Sun, September 14, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 01, 2008

• Reported By:Woodbine New Jersey
BMJ Enterprizes - AAMCO Transmissions
One Oyster Road Cape May Court House, New Jersey U.S.A.

BMJ Enterprizes - AAMCO Transmissions Did not completely inform me of the necessary repairs to my transmission. Cape May Court House New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Not true

I (assumed) that the shop being advertized as a transmission specialist and being told by an employee who was the mechanic that was to work on my vehicle that " he had worked on many GM transmissions like mine and that there were only 2 versions".... that they would advise me of any GM Factory recalls or Bulletins that applied giving me the option of doing additional repairs to make the transmission satisfactory since the fee to do a complete inspect (ESTIMATE) involved the labor cost of $850 even if I put the broken one back together and drove off in the same condition that I arrived in.

Well it seems that my transmission has a poorly designed reverse so GM in the 1980s sent out a SERVICE BULLETIN recommending that any time one did work on this type/model transmission they should install an upgrade kit for the REVERSE.

I had a 2 bad sway bars that they also repaired/replaced. So they caught that but failed miserably in advising me of the Service Bulletin!

Total Cost $1,643.52 paid on 02/15/2008.

I drove off with a paid invoice reading" Extended Diagnosis Service $ 00.00, AAMCO Reconditioned Transmission Service and Exchange rebuilt Torque Converter service with 12 month/12,000 miles Limited warranty."

A few days later because I live in NJ I had to take my vehicle to the NJ Inspection Station were I BY LAW have to submit it to an emissions test that requires it be run on a dynamometer. Amazingly the car with over 100,000 miles passed for emissions, however a few miles from the station I stopped to buy something and low and behold NO REVERSE. Guess what just as predicted by the GM SERVICE BULLETIN the reverse overheated during the emissions run.
So I go immediately to AAMCO and guess what they see my inspection sticker and say" YOU VOIDED THE WARRANTY" bye-bye!

As for corporate forget it! this company is buried so deep in business levels no one cares. The owner claims and I believe her that she is ill so I tried to get the company running the inspection station to repair it. Yea right. I've sat on this for a while but in the hopes that someone has a solution and now I am extremely upset I post this report.

I was willing to pay for the needed REVERSE kit and maybe a couple of hours of additional labor but no soap!

Big Mac
Woodbine, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2008 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BMJ-Enterprizes-AAMCO-Transmissions/Cape-May-Court-House-New-Jersey-08210/BMJ-Enterprizes-AAMCO-Transmissions-Did-not-completely-inform-me-of-the-necessary-repair-372804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BMJ Enterprizes - AAMCO Transmissions

AUTHOR: William - (U.S.A.)

The inspection station admitted fault and did pay for the repair Big Macs post is full of "un truths" the transmission was fully rebuilt w/updated reverse drum! we even gave him a 300 dollar discount because he could'nt afford the job,The NJ motor vehicle inspection KNOWS of the Dyno problem we used to repair about a dozen a year at our other shop.