Complaint Review: BMW

BMW made we wait until midnight Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: It was late on July 3rd

*Consumer Comment: Know how you feel

*General Comment: I understand

At around 6:30pm on the third of July, my car's battery died, so I was stuck in a parking lot, unable to do anything. Naturally, since I am still under the BMW Premium plan, I called Roadside assistance for help. The phone call was smooth and everything else was fine, until we got to the part about the tow car. (I tried jump-starting with multiple other cars, but no result)

The man on the phone said he had contacted the towing company and offered a time at which the tow company would arrive, and I trust him; but at around 8:30, the promised time, we called in again and they said  the towing company would be there in around 10 minutes. But at 9, the driver still had not arrived.

I called again in, and then the roadside assistance said the driver was no longer picking up, and then they contacted another towing company, which also neglected to show up for another 2 and a half hours.

Finally, at around 11:30 I received a call from that 2nd towing company saying that they were on the way. When they arrived, they used their special machine to jump-start, and it had to be tried repeatedly before it worked. Finally around midnight, after all the papers had been signed and all the business was taken care of, I finally got to return home

I'd assume that BMW should have much better service than this, even if they are using third-party companies. I hope this will not happen again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2012 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BMW/Woodcliff-Lake-New-Jersey-07677/BMW-made-we-wait-until-midnight-Woodcliff-Lake-New-Jersey-906804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BMW

It was late on July 3rd

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Unfortunately, your car picked a bad time to break down, the evening of a major holiday when many drivers were probably taking off.
Doesn't excuse a brand like BMW from not making sure THEIR customers were covered well, even if it meant lining up additional support from towers not in their normal network.
This kind of carelessness should be expected from run of the mill roadside assistance plans, or cheaper makes, not from them.
I'll bet if you're real diplomatic about it, they'll give you some freebie, an oil change coupon or something.

Know how you feel

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

I'm let down every time Team Rebutt posts, have a nice day

#3 General Comment

I understand

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

I understand how frustrating your experience was.

But, and there is always a But.

I think both BMW and you were let down by an irresponsible and poor service provider.

I would bet BMW keeps records and a black mark like this and the original towing company gets dumped.

The fellow that finally showed up probably did so as quickly as possible, who knows what he was doing and how far BMW had to get him to come to help you.

All in all you should have asked BMW who left you stranded and complained about them, not BMW who tried as best they could.