Complaint Review: BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network

• Submitted: Wed, January 31, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, February 11, 2007

• Reported By:Kelwood Manitoba
BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network
6330 Hollister Avenue Goleta, California U.S.A.

BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network Unauthorized multiple credit card entries. Uncertain Goleta California

*Author of original report: BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network, MasterCard

*Author of original report: BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network, Goleta, CA

Discovered two same day credit card entries one for $0.95 the other for $0.99 both from BN Processing.A week later $39.80 was removed by Bargain Home and the second time one month later.

I have no recollection of authorizing any of the four transactions let alone having provided them with my credit card particulars, but have a vague recollection I may have at some stage got onto their site while surfing the net.

I am a Canadian resident but would have been in the USA when the site may have been visited.

Mike
Kelwood, Manitoba
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2007 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BN-Processing-Bargain-Home-Bargain-Network/Goleta-California-93117/BN-Processing-Bargain-Home-Bargain-Network-Unauthorized-multiple-credit-card-entries-Un-233783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network

BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network, MasterCard

AUTHOR: Mike - (Canada)

The following is a response to the report made immediately after mine, which I feel is well worthwhile to add.

"Does "cancelling your credit card" stop the process? I filed against "some" of the same companies in the report just before yours, and amazingly received a full refund, but in the process I learned a scarey thing.

MasterCard, however, informed me, AFTER I had cancelled my card, that even though the CARD is cancelled, the ACCOUNT is NOT. Why they didn't tell me at the time I launched a dispute over the unauthorized transactions and cancelled my card is beyond me.

They said NOTHING will prevent the abuse from continuing, unless the companies fraudulently attacking the account have cancelled your account with them. I was speechless to learn that MasterCard refuses to honor my request to stop any further attempt/s to add insult to injury.

So BEWARE, all who "think" that by cancelling their card the abuse will cease. Will it? Are you absolutely certain? In my case I received a written confirmation from Bargain Network/Bargain Home that they have cancelled the account and will make no further debits, but such promises as those, I see from other reports, have not always been honored."

BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network, Goleta, CA

AUTHOR: Mike - (Canada)

The refund of $30.84 did get to my account as they said it would. And the balance of $50.70 was put through Feb 5th. That's it, the TOTAL unauthorized funds have been REFUNDED with next to none of the heartbreaking difficulties far too often reported.

I'll certainly be using ripoffreport.com from now on. And as for Bargain Home and Bargain Network, let's hope they seriously consider amending their questionable practices, but I do give them full marks for responsibily resolving my case, and hope they may do so in all their others?

BN Processing, Bargain Home, Bargain Network, Goleta, CA

AUTHOR: Mike - (Canada)

Things are looking up............maybe? An email requesting full refund for the unauthorized amounts was responded to within 1 day. It even suggested I should speak with a supervisor if I felt a refund was applicable, so I called expecting the worst.

Speaking first to operator 10814 floored me. He said a credit of $30.84 (representing 3 weeks) had ALREADY been approved which was processed at 5:53am that morning. I suppose he thought that may satisfy me? But no.

Next was supervisor Deandre 11413, with an equally amazing outcome. "OK, let me see what I can do" he said, and when he returned offered a full refund of the remaining balance of $50.70 I was determined and firm but not overbearing.

This unexpected and seeming positive response seems so out of place when reviewing all the negative activity filed against the firms. But will the refunds actually get to my account? I'll report a final time once known.