Complaint Review: BOBS Discount Furniture

• Reported By: melrodriguez — Perth Amboy New Jersey United States of America
BOBS Discount Furniture
45 Woodbridge Center Dr. Woodbridge, New Jersey United States of America

BOBS Discount Furniture LEFT WITH NO WHERE TO SLEEP Woodbridge, New Jersey

With an 18 month old baby and twins on the way, I had to figure out how to make our home more space efficient. I decided to give up the bedroom for my children and get a sleeper sofa from BOBS discount furniture and utilize my living room as a bedroom as well. I went to BOBS for the purchase of the item, paid in full- Cash and was told that I would receive the Sleeper Sofa on April 2, because it was a special order it would take some time. On April 1 I received a call CONFIRMING delivery for the following day between the hours of 10:40 and 1:40. Because of my limited space, the morning of April 2 I arranged for my cousin to move the old sleeper sofa from the house. I also wanted to make sure that the delivery persons were able to get the new Sleeper in with ease. At 2 pm there was still no Sleeper Sofa and I was on the phone with BOBS. I was transferred several times, Disconnected, left holding for periods of half hour or more- not only by representives but by Managers as well. I was being told that there was nothing they could do, the sleeper was in a warehouse in Connecticut and I would receive it on April 7. I had no place to sleep since I removed the old sofa after receiving confirmation from BOBS that I would in fact receive my sleeper. I was furious!!! I live in New Jersey- there is no way it takes 5 days to drive from Connecticut to New Jersey. They were unwilling to compensate anything but a delivery fee I had paid which did not cover the cost of staying in a hotel since I had no bed and was 8 months pregnant!!!! The final conversation with BOBS was that they would try to get me the Sleeper sooner and that they would call me back..... needless to say they have not called me and my son and I were forced to stay with a family member.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2011 05:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BOBS-Discount-Furniture/Woodbridge-New-Jersey-07095/BOBS-Discount-Furniture-LEFT-WITH-NO-WHERE-TO-SLEEP-Woodbridge-New-Jersey-713215. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BOBS Discount Furniture