- Report: #229258
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: BODY OF CHANGE
BODY OF CHANGEPhoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
BODY OF CHANGE PERSONAL TRAINING Phoenix Arizona
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. They use sales people to sell training. About 60-70% of their sales people are NOT certified personal trainers (They call them "Managers" and "Assistant managers".
2. They stretch and bend and manipulate the truth to get you to sign a contract, be careful.
3. The prices per HALF-HOUR session range anywhere from $29 to $55 per half hour session. That's $58 to $110 PER HOUR.
3. They pay the trainers $6 per session. That's $12 PER HOUR for certified personal trainers. They offer NO BENEFITS, no Health insurance, no disability, no nothing. NO RAISES. EVER. FOR ANYONE.
4. The CONTRACTS are IRONCLAD, virtually impossible to get out of. And your sessions EXPIRE after a certain amount of time, I saw one customer lose 46 PAID FOR sessions because they expired. I saw SO MANY people lose motivation after being bounced around from trainer to trainer, and you know what? YOU STILL PAY THAT MONTHLY FEE even if you get tired or fed up of training with a different trainer every other day.
5. They have SUPER HIGH turnover, I worked as a trainer there for almost 16 months and saw around 45-50 different trainers come and go. No exaggeration neccesary. Prepare to have multiple trainers if you sign a 6 month or 1 year contract. TOO BAD if you like a certain trainers' personality or style. NOBODY who's a good trainer stays for very long. Unless they make money training people there for cash "off the books".
6. They make millions of dollars because people stop coming, BUT STILL pay every month. The contracts RENEW AUTOMATICALLY after your term, so you can get charged forever. Even if you were disgusted after going through 9 different trainers, you still pay.
7. You have to send a REGISTERED or CERTIFIED letter to STOP being billed. No phone calls accepted. NOT EASY to get out of the contract, again, they make millions of dollars.
My advice, go to a personal training facility, a small local workout room where you get PERSONAL ATTENTION for the same price of lousy Body of Change, and you have an experienced professional who's in business FOR YOUR HEALTH. You do well, he gets more business.
LA Fitness and Body of Change don't care about you, everyday there's a new sucker signing up for a membership and getting the personal training pitch by uncertified salespeople. They ONLY CARE about getting your credit card or checking account so they can bill you every month for personal training that you end up not using because they go through trainers every other week, and you have NO say OR no REBUTTAL or NO WAY to complain because it ain't in the contract.
Body of Change is like the mob in Good Fellas: You don't like it? F-U, PAY ME. Can't get a session scheduled? F-U, PAY ME. Your trainer sux? F-U, PAY ME. You wanna cancel? F-U, PAY ME.
Trainer tired of seeing people ripped off
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2007 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BODY-OF-CHANGE/Phoenix-Arizona/BODY-OF-CHANGE-PERSONAL-TRAINING-Phoenix-Arizona-229258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.