Complaint Review: BOTTOM LINE BOOKS

• Submitted: Wed, November 25, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, November 25, 2009

• Reported By: Ripped off in Olympia — Lacey Washington United States of America
281 Tresser Boulevard, 8th Floor Stamford, Connecticut United States of America

BOTTOM LINE BOOKS delivered and billed me $37 for a book I didn't want!! Stamford, Connecticut

Bottom Line Books, is truly a ripoff.  I regret ever purchasing a book from them years ago.  Now I can't get rid of these Big Black Books annually that is full of useless information most folks can find on the internet for free.  They continue to deliver them when I don't want them and never ordered them!  They are expensive at about $36.95 each time.  Getting a bill for something you do not want just makes your blood boil. Do they make it easier to stop? No. Absolutely not.  None of the bills show a customer service number.  Going online, I called Bottom Line Books customer service number.  When the Cust Service rep found out I wasn't buying but came there to complain - she immediately used her training for callers like me and went into defense mode.  I asked her for a postage paid label (one should have been on their website already or sent with the book like good repitable businesses do) and she said one would be sent in 7-10 days.  I'm not keeping my hopes up.  Based on other Ripoff responders, they coincidentally don't make a habit of dropping you off their mailing lists.  Their marketing budget is huge to send out flyers that normally end up in recycling every time I see them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2009 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BOTTOM-LINE-BOOKS/Stamford-Connecticut-06901-3246/BOTTOM-LINE-BOOKS-delivered-and-billed-me-37-for-a-book-I-didnt-want-Stamford-Connect-528539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BOTTOM LINE BOOKS