• Report: #1132016

• Updated: Mon, April 14, 2014

• Reported By: Pops — DULAC Louisiana
BOURGEOIS MEDICAL CLINIC
1201 KENNETH DRIVE MORGAN CITY, Louisiana USA

BOURGEOIS MEDICAL CLINIC BOURGEOIS MEDICAL CLINIC, ROBERT BOURGEOIS, MELVIN BOURGEOIS MORGAN CITY Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: What discrimination?

I recently went to the Bourgeois Medical Clinic for a pre employment physical, I was told by other people that it would be a long wait, well I experienced that first hand. The waiting area had only 5 people when I arrived there at 9 a.m. I was given papers to fill out and told to wait until I was called to the back  At about 1 p.m. my name was called , so I went to the back and was put in a room, I've must have stayed in the room about 45 minutes when the doctor walked in and started asking me questions about the information I put on the papers I filled out. I had back surgery in 1996, I had brought my release from the doctor who did the surgery back in 1996, the doctor looked at it and told me he wanted the medical reports from that surgery, I agreed to bring them to him as soon as I got them. I was checked out by the doctor and then told to stop at the front desk so the nurse could let me know what he needed. When I reached the front desk the nurse told me that the doctor wanted medical reports for my back surgery and she asked when did I have that done, I told her back in 1996 she looked at me and said she didn't know why the doctor was asking for that because it's been to long since I had that surgery done and he should have known better than that to ask for reports that were 17 years old because there was no way that I could get them but she said if the doctor who did the surgery didn't have the reports anymore to bring a letter from them stating that they no longer had them. I went over to the doctor's office who did the surgery and asked for my medical records and was told that medical records are only kept for a period of 5 years, he also told me that the doctor were I had gone for the physical should have known that, he wrote me the letter stating that my records had been purged. I then brought the letter to the Bourgeois Medical Clinic gave it to the nurse , she sais she was going to give it to the doctor and when he had gone over it he was going to call me.

Well about a month went by and no call , so I decided to cal and find out what was going on I was told that the doctor had not reviewed it yet. I called back in about a week and still no answer, another week went by and I called again, it was then that I was told that the doctor had looked the letter over and decided that he needed more evidence than that before he could clear me. I then called the company that sent me there and asked them about it  and I was told the same thing, that they wouldn't hire me until I got the medical records the doctor wanted. I feel that the doctor at Bourgeois Medical Clinic discrimanated me for something he knew that I couldn't get a hold of. I'm in the process of filing a discrimation suit against that doctor with the Louisiana Board of Medical Examiners, because I couldn't get the job I had applied for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2014 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BOURGEOIS-MEDICAL-CLINIC/MORGAN-CITY-Louisiana-70380/BOURGEOIS-MEDICAL-CLINIC-BOURGEOIS-MEDICAL-CLINIC-ROBERT-BOURGEOIS-MELVIN-BOURGEOIS-MO-1132016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BOURGEOIS MEDICAL CLINIC

What discrimination?

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Medical records have a retention which means after a certain period of time,  the facility/person can destroy such records depending on the last date the patient was seen and birth date.  Minors records are kept longer than Adult records.  That is the law and I know because I worked in Records Management.

Good luck but if you were an adult when the surgery was performed more than likely the records were destroyed.  It is up to you to call the facility/Dr to request your records and ask for verification that said records were destroyed pursuint to law.