Complaint Review: BP Express Foods #440

• Submitted: Sun, October 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 26, 2008

• Reported By:Macon Georgia
BP Express Foods #440
3701 Pio Nono Ave Macon, Georgia U.S.A.

BP Express Foods #440 Owner Called me a Monkey Bit*h Macon Georgia

*Consumer Comment: He called the police because you boycotted the store?

*Consumer Comment: WORD OF MOUTH HURTS

*Consumer Comment: Can we say over-reaction?

On 9-29-08, I made a $5 purchase. I then asked if I could get the $5 back in exchange for paying with a $20 so that I could get change. The owner slammed the register closed and walked to the back of the store and then returned to wait on the customer next to me. I then said, "Excuse me but can I get the $5 bill back?"

The owner then snatched the $20 bill out of my hand opened the register and gave me the $5 bill along with the other change. I then said to him, "I'm sorry but the reason I wanted the $5 back..." and immediately he interrupted me and said, "I don't care I'm not interested!" I then responded, "You sure have a nasty attitude toward..." and again he immediately responded, "Whatever!" and I began to walk away and said to him, "Don't say whatever because that is rude too." He then said, "Whatever bit*h!"

I stopped in my tracks and then address him by saying, "Surely you didn't just call me a bit*h? Maybe your mother must have raised a bit*h or be that but my mother did'nt raise one and you just can't call me that name." I then turn to walk away and then he called me a "MONKEY BIT*H" and "FU*K ME and get the FU*K out of my store and lean to reach behind the counter and came up with the middle finger but at this point, I was afraid of what he was going to pull up next and I left the store.

There were customers in the store and 2 employees when this happened and I was so destraught from what he had just called me, I was speechless and numb. I returned to my vehicle and asked my friend, who was the reason I had gone to this store, "Did you hear that man in there cuss me out?" Her reply was, "Oh, he is always nasty like that." I am so shocked and disturbed by his behavior. I made contact to the news media and no response. I wrote to the editorial in the local newspaper and no response. I then made comments to a local radio station that also televise the show for an hour and they too stated, "Just don't go back."

Well, I decided to boycott the store on 9-30-08 and have been since then. The owner has called the police on me about every other day, the first week of boycotting his store. He eventually came out to say he was going to apologize and never did but instead went back into the store and called the police again and stated I was trespassing, in which I wasn't because I had found out where the property line was. While boycotting, I have had several ex-customers to come up to me and give me horror stories about this same person. All I can say is "WHY IS HE STILL IN BUSINESS?"

I have made a complaint to BP of North America anyway because I advised them that there name is being misrepresented. Still waiting to hear...

LB
Macon, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2008 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BP-Express-Foods-440/Macon-Georgia-31206/BP-Express-Foods-440-Owner-Called-me-a-Monkey-Bith-Macon-Georgia-385063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BP Express Foods #440

He called the police because you boycotted the store?

AUTHOR: Andy - (U.S.A.)

Maybe my definition of "boycott" is different than yours. When I boycott something, I don't show up there or buy from it.

Does your definition of "boycott" include standing in front of the store with a sign to discourage others from shopping there? If that's what you were doing then you may be taking this too far.

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

What he did to you was wrong tell other people what you went through and advise them not to do business with him and advise them to tell other people as well . Word of mouth hurts.

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

Can we say over-reaction?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

From the actions you both displayed it sounds like BOTH of you may be at fault.

It seems to be a huge over reaction on your part. You didn't even give him 24 hours before you started to boycot them. Between the time this happened on 9/29 and you boycotted them on 9/30, you contacted the media, wrote an editorial, and a radio station/TV Show.

The advise they gave is probably some you should follow. Just don't go back.