gay

• Submitted: Fri, May 09, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, September 16, 2004

• Reported By:Kailua Hawaii
BP/CITI
PO Box 15687 Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

BP/CITI I recently checked my credit report and discovered this. I did not open this. I can't find this company. Can anyone help? ripoff victimized many consumers Wilmington Delaware

*Consumer Comment: BP is short for British Petroleum Company and CITI is short for Citibank

*Consumer Suggestion: Accuracy on Credit Report

I recently discovered this on my credit report. I never opened this account. I was only 17 was it was opened. I have tried everything to contact this company and have had no luck! Can anyone help me??

Kelly
Kailua, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2003 11:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BPCITI/Wilmington-Delaware-19850/BPCITI-I-recently-checked-my-credit-report-and-discovered-this-I-did-not-open-this-I-56398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BP/CITI

BP is short for British Petroleum Company and CITI is short for Citibank

AUTHOR: Philip - (U.S.A.)

As far as I know, BP is short for British Petroleum Company and CITI is short for Citibank. This is being reported on my credit report, because BP took over all of the Amoco Oil Company gas stations and therefore the account was transferred to BP/CITI. I assume that Citibank has some sort of ownership in BP. I hope this information helps.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Accuracy on Credit Report

AUTHOR: Regis - (U.S.A.)

Kelly, write a letter to all (3) credit bureaus. Tell them that you have no records of having an account with the creditor that they are reporting on your credit report. You would like to see a copy of any written document that evidences your signature contracting for goods or services. They MUST verify that the information that they are reporting is 100% accurate or delete it from your credit report.

If they by any chance come back with a remark that "this entry has been verified" you then have the opportunity to have them provide for you, who, how and when they got their information. I believe this will eliminate this problem because they will not be able to verify the info.