Complaint Review: BPI Brand Marketing

57 main street #400, Neptune, NJ 7773 Internet United States of America

BPI Brand Marketing Christopher Barry Non-payment of wages Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: What Really Happened

*General Comment: PIECE OF S**T SCAMMERS

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: SAME PROBLEM!

My daughter worked for BPI Brand at the King of Prussia Costco last summer. She was doing the promotion for Artisinal Cheeses. She worked 25 hours and was to be paid $350, she Is a student at Temple and this was her summer money. After a month she called the company, the check will be coming soon they said. This went on for months, then they said that Artisinal had not paid them, so they could not pay her. We have sent e-mails to Christopher Barry, called Artisinal, wrote a letter to Costco to tell them what has happened and nearly a year later she still has not been paid. I think it is disgusting that these companies hire people and then have the cheek to not pay them. They know we will not take them to court as it would cost more than what is owed.
Be warned this company is not to be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2012 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BPI-Brand-Marketing/internet/BPI-Brand-Marketing-Christopher-Barry-Non-payment-of-wages-Internet-877373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BPI Brand Marketing

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

What Really Happened

AUTHOR: agency owner - ()

We BPI were hired to do work for Artisanl Cheese, to do Road Shows.  We found that they did not have the money to pay for the events.  They did not supply the events with the correct supplies or samples for the shows.  Then they turned around and told Costco that we supplied the samples.  We had made mulitple visits to meet with them to correct the Road Show image and presentation.  We were approached by there broker Anderson Dayman Worldwide and asked what need to be done to fix it.

We even went so far as to call up Artisanal and cancel the last round of shows because they owed us over $100,000.00 at that point.  We were told by "Costco" prefered broker Anderson Daymon not to do that to Costco.

So we did the events based upon there recomindation.  Only to have Artisal then say the staff did not do, it job, we were paid enough.  If you worked this event you know you were paid or to be paid $15.00 to $16.00 per hour.  We charged $18.00 per hour to manage the event plus supplies.

If Costco was so concerned they were involved and told us that the vendor has a contract that states it has to pay the reps.  They choose not to.  We at the end were left wit $20,000.00 of un paid invoices.

Yet artisanl tol deveryone we were paid.  A lie.

What we do is manage shows, what we are not is a bank for Road Show Vendors.

#2 General Comment

PIECE OF S**T SCAMMERS

AUTHOR: leo - (United States of America)

I also worked for these piece of S**t people -Artisanal cheese show-NEVER PAID!!!!!!!!!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

SAME PROBLEM!

AUTHOR: LaceyL - (United States of America)

I am going through the same issue, only they owe me quite a bit more!  I also know that the person I worked with through the cheese show has not been paid.  I believe there are quite a few people out there who have yet to be paid for their contract.

Additionally, someone has to have a friend who is a lawyer.  I am seriously thinking about taking legal action and welcome anyone who has had a similar problem to join me.  I think if multiple employees band together on their experiences we have more of a shot towards resolution.

There are so many disgusting complaints against this company on the internet.  I've also filed with the better business bureau, as has my coworker for the show.