Complaint Review: BR MOVERS

• Updated: Wed, August 19, 2009

• Reported By: Chisholm — Washington District of Columbia USA
BR MOVERS
5644 3rd street, ne washington, District of Columbia United States of America

BR MOVERS BR movers Promise to move furniture from DC to SC at $2432 no higher, after loading the truck the price went to $6653.60. I said I was not going to pay it reduced to $5664.00. Pay 70% down $1700, 5% credit car Washington, District of Columbia

Promise to move furniture from DC to SC at $2432 no higher, after loading the truck the price went to $6653.60. I said I was not going to pay it reduced to $5664.00.  Pay 70% down $1700, 5% credit card fee $85.  Furniture was not moved from DC had to pay $2264. Arrived in SC pay remaining bill $1700. The original person stated that I would not have to pay any more than the $2432.00, because the price more to cover any additional charges.  The movers load the truck with all my furniture and cost me over $1980 for packig, I had already packed all my boxes.  I cannot believe they tripled the cost to $6653.00.  I have emailed of conversations with their rep stating I cannot afford anymore than the $2432.  If I told them to take everything off the truck it would have cost me more.  Also, they moved my furniture from the original truck to a rental truck, they lost bedroom furniture and several boxes. here were damages to my bedroom furniture, the bed was broken, and the dresser missor was cracked. They claiming they cannot find any of my boxes or items.  The moving men came to house aroune 9:00 PM on Sunday, did not call until they reach my area.  No courtesy call until hour before arrival.  It was late so I did not have time to look for all my things, many things were suppose to be tagged with an orange sticker, but the stickers came off.  They emailed a complaint form and the last paragraph stated, "the movimg carrie would assist with the claim, but the moving coordinator/carrier agent bears no liability for any and all damaging/missing items sustained during the course of my relocation and agree to forever discharge said organization from responsibility for the actions of the carrier including but not limited damaged/missing items."  They wanted me to sign this redigulus statement.  The company is ripp-off!  Also, they will be limited to $.60 per pound.  I am seeking a refund for overpayment, missing items, and damages in the amount of $3223.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2009 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BR-MOVERS/washington-District-of-Columbia-20011/BR-MOVERS-BR-movers-Promise-to-move-furniture-from-DC-to-SC-at-2432-no-higher-after-load-482685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BR MOVERS