Complaint Review: BRAKE CHECK

• Submitted: Tue, August 28, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2007

• Reported By:Galveston Texas
BRAKE CHECK
7320 GULF FREEWAY HOUSTON, Texas U.S.A.

BRAKE CHECK BRAKE CHECK PUT A BRAKE TO MY BUSINESS. ripoff HOUSTON Texas

I too had a horrible experience with Brake Check and completely understand where all of the complaints are coming from!

In 2003 my brakes were squeaking I took my FORD MUSTANG GT to Brake Check for repair. I was informed that I needed new pads and that my rotors would be turned. NOTHING MAJOR PRETTY ROUTINE BRAKE MAINTENANCE, RIGHT?

I picked up the car and the noise was still there. I returned and they supposedly adjusted the brakes. Still noisy; to make a very long story short and sweet, my car was taken back 10 times with no success. It was even taken to another location with no luck. Their excuses ranged from brake dus, high performance cars do that, give it a few week.

After the 10 attempts I told Brake Check to give me money back so I could take my car to someone who knew what they were doing, they refused. Not the type to back down, I filed a BBB complaint and escalated my complaints to the CEO of Brake Check.

I harassed them until my brakes got louder and I couldnt stand it anymore. I took my car to FORD (for three times the charge, of course) and the brakes never made another peep. I GUESS YOU REALLY DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO BRAKE CHECK. Not only are they totally inexperienced and HORRIBLE mechanics, but they dont mind giving their customers the run around and definitely DO NOT stand behind their work NOT EVEN THE CEO that should say huge things for this company!

Cindy
Galveston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2007 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BRAKE-CHECK/HOUSTON-Texas-77017/BRAKE-CHECK-BRAKE-CHECK-PUT-A-BRAKE-TO-MY-BUSINESS-ripoff-HOUSTON-Texas-270820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BRAKE CHECK