pressed

• Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: All work and no Pay — Transcription City Oregon
BRENDA RICHARDS dba ABC TYPING
HART STREET MEDFORD, Oregon USA

BRENDA RICHARDS dba ABC TYPING DOES NOT PAY WHEN SHE CONTRACTS INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS MEDFORD Oregon

*Author of original report: Are you sure?

*General Comment: Brenda Richards, ABC Typists

*Author of original report: Keller

*General Comment: Brenda Richards, ABC Typists

Brenda Richards, owner of ABC Typing, in Medford, Oregon does not pay when she contracts Independent Contractors for transcription jobs.  She tells you when you hires you on that she will pay you when she is paid.  When you question her about payments that have not been made for six months, she admits that she was paid for the jobs but blames one of her office girls, Becky, for keeping bad records and not paying anyone, yet she still doesn't pay.  She is constantly running ads for transcriptionists.  It is best to question why she goes through so many.  The reason, none of us enjoy working for free.  She owes me, alone, over $1,200.00.  Beware of this one.  She has now taken on a new office assistant, whom I am sure is being paid, but because I now refuse to take work from her, she doesn't care if I get paid or not.  Brenda Richards needs to pay her IC's or get out of the business.   I am contacting the Medford, Oregon courthouse next, as she assigns out work that she takes from them and they pay her $4.50 a page for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BRENDA-RICHARDS-dba-ABC-TYPING/MEDFORD-Oregon/BRENDA-RICHARDS-dba-ABC-TYPING-DOES-NOT-PAY-WHEN-SHE-CONTRACTS-INDEPENDENT-CONTRACTORS-M-1055908. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BRENDA RICHARDS dba ABC TYPING

Are you sure?

AUTHOR: All work and no Pay - ()

That's interesting because Leigh said Becky emailed everyone that Brenda paid and asked them to write something nice about Brenda, including you.  I don't believe Leigh would make up stories and she would have no reason to tell me that if it were not true.  You are one of the 6 out of 20 that got paid and they asked you to write a blog about it.  Brenda needs to take care of her business and not ask people to lie for her.

#2 General Comment

Brenda Richards, ABC Typists

AUTHOR: Keller Office Support - ()

No, I was not asked to post this.  This is just my opinion of how I have been treated by Brenda.

Keller

AUTHOR: Don't work for free - ()

Like I said, I won't work for her anymore.  That's why I don't get paid.  I am sure that Becky got all of her pay when she did Brenda's books, and Brenda should have known there was more money than there should have been when she was emptying the account.  She needs to take out a loan and get everybody paid off and do what is right as a business owner.  She contracted me.  If she didn't have the backup in an account to pay me when the work was completed, she should not have given me the work.  She has had 20 women working for her in the past year.  If she is so wonderful, why are you the only one, Charlene, that doesn't have any problem with your pay?  Did Brenda or Becky ask you to write a rebuttal?????

#4 General Comment

Brenda Richards, ABC Typists

AUTHOR: Keller Office Support - ()

I have worked for Brenda Richards as an Independent Contractor since August 2012 and have found Ms. Richards to be honest and fair when dealing with my transcription assignments.  I have been compensated in a timely manner for every case I completed.  She has always been reachable and/or accessible and very willing to answer questions and help in any way she can.