Complaint Review: BROWARD GENERAL MEDICAL HOSPITAL

• Updated: Thu, November 29, 2012

• Reported By: NICOLE — FORT LAUDERDALE Florida United States of America
BROWARD GENERAL MEDICAL HOSPITAL
1600 S. Andrews Ave fort lauderdale, Florida United States of America

BROWARD GENERAL MEDICAL HOSPITAL HOSPITAL DOES NOT HAVE THE BEST INTEREST FOR EVERYONE fort lauderdale, Florida

In April of 2012 my mother was taken into the emergency room by the police. She was suicidal and this was told to the police by the visiting nurse. My mother had a mental breakdown previously due to stress of her youngest daughters drug addiction.

While under the care of this hospital, we found out 8 hours later that she was under a breathing tube. Between the time she was taken in around 11:30am to 7pm she was given a sandwich and choked.  They did not bother to call my grandmother or myself nor did they adhere to the reason why my mother was in the hospital. I am an ex-correctional officer and we never gave suicidal inmates a sandwich, but only a liquid diet.  Why should a regular citizen be treated worse? My mother actually died for 3 minutes as she went into cardiac arrest. She lived about a week and a half just to die a day before being medically discharged.

Yes folks, she was medically discharged.  Oh but wait, she had to wait for a back brace due to her lombard spine being fractured since she went into cardiac arrest and since she was 63 years old and had ostiusperosis the compressions would of done this to her back.

She died but its not over.  I cannot do anything legally since Florida State Law prohibits children who are over the age of 25 years old to file a malpractice suit.  I am 41 years old.  And since my mother was divorced and no spouse, my father can't do anything either.  So justice for her is not going to happen however I want others to learn from this.  I cannot save my mother but I hope to save others in this similiar situation.  I want the hospital to change their rules. They need to wake up. I won't go there and I work down the street. I rather go to Holy Cross Hospital across town, I will take my chances rather than go to Broward General Medical Center sadly enough.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2012 12:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BROWARD-GENERAL-MEDICAL-HOSPITAL/fort-lauderdale-Florida-33316/BROWARD-GENERAL-MEDICAL-HOSPITAL-HOSPITAL-DOES-NOT-HAVE-THE-BEST-INTEREST-FOR-EVERYONE-fo-975357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BROWARD GENERAL MEDICAL HOSPITAL