Complaint Review: BUY.COM

• Submitted: Sat, October 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 11, 2008

• Reported By:Brooklyn Park Minnesota
BUY.COM
Buy.com 85 Enterprise Suite 100 Aliso Viejo, California U.S.A.

BUY.COM Buy.com is The Best in Modern Day Rip-Off Internet Company Aliso Viejo California

If you plan on buying a product from buy.com, pray that nothing happens to it, pray that you dont have to return it. Because they will steal your money if you do. They have the worst customer services in the world and are very rude, unprofessional and rip-off experts. You will be better off keeping the products then returning it.

Buy.com is the best when it comes to ripping off customers.
They are like Walmart, they'll have the cheapest products and lower prices but services are the worst in the business, almost none existent.

The customer services are very unprofessional and rude! You'll get better help calling an animal at the zoo then calling a customer rep at buy.com.

I buy lots of books from the internet. Sometimes these books contains lots of errors by the publisher and needs to be return. At buy.com you cannot return an opened book.
Yes! How idiotic, how does one know whats is in a book without first reading or scanning through the pages?

I called to returned some books. The books were of no use to me and not very helpful, contained lots of error relating to the subject matter.

I was told by the customer rep at buy.com that I was responsible for the return shipping since there was nothing wrong with the books.

Excuse me? Nothing wrong with the book? Are you kidding me? There are tons of error in the books code and example and I cannot have it returned?
I decide to pay the shipping and handling and avoid further argument.

When I got my refund, buy.com had deducted 50% off the total cost of the books. I was told the 50% charge was for restocking and had to be charged because I had "opened" the book.

They will not let me speak with a supervisor, every time I called, they'll say a supervisor is "busy and cannot come to the phone."

No other company that I know in the United States charges you 50% for returning a book.
Barnes and Noble, Borders, Amazon don't charge to return books.

This is how buy.com scams it's customers, they get you coming to their website with cheap prices, then when you buy their products, they slammed you with bad customer services and rip-off return fees.

I will never ever buy another product from this company, I will pay the higher fees for better services else where.

Patrick

Ai
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2008 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BUYCOM/Aliso-Viejo-California-92656/BUYCOM-Buycom-is-The-Best-in-Modern-Day-Rip-Off-Internet-Company-Aliso-Viejo-California-380381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BUY.COM