Complaint Review: BUY.COM

• Submitted: Mon, April 14, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 14, 2008

• Reported By:Miami lakes Florida
BUY.COM
86 Enterprise- Suite 100 Aliso Viejo, California U.S.A.

BUY.COM SCAM - advertise and sell product as something product isn't-won't stand behind it Aliso Viejo California

On Jan 28, 2008 I ordered from Buy.com as per their Email Advertisement to me, a Magnavox DVDVCR Combo unit. The online Receipt I received clearly states this is a DVDVCR ( DVD and Video Cassette "Recorder") IT IS NOT!!
It is a VCP(Video Casette PLAYER, Which doe NOT record.
I discover this only when I went to set up thew unit a few weeks later after I purchased a new Plasma TV (elsewhere), and even though Buy .com misrepresented the item to me, they would not Refund me bewcause it was beyond their 14 day return policy. ( I eventually was refunded the money by my Credit Card Company-Thanks to US Federal Credit Card Laws, which protect us honest, hard working citizens from Scammers like Buy. Com.
They have made "several" errors on PREVIOUS purchases.
Like shipping the same item ordered TWICE to me, but only chargeing me once. ( MY favor...THEIR lousy business habits) They are NOT a reputable Company- Just look at all the complaints against them at this website..DO NOT buy anything from them, you will suffer the lousy comsequences, not worth any price... TRUST ME on this.
PS the Mfg. original Carton this DVDVCP was in- states correctly that it is a DVDVCP,
Proving the misrepresentation (scam) by Buy.Com

Jeffrey
Miami lakes, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2008 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BUYCOM/Aliso-Viejo-California-92656/BUYCOM-SCAM-advertise-and-sell-product-as-something-product-isnt-wont-stand-behind-i-325888. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BUY.COM