• Report: #819237

Complaint Review: BWI*BOINGO WIRELESS 800-880-4117CA

• Submitted: Sat, January 07, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, January 07, 2012

• Reported By: Andrew — Dubai Other United States of America
1601 Cloverfield Boulevard Suite 570 South Santa Monica, California United States of America

BWI*BOINGO WIRELESS 800-880-4117CA Boingo, Boingo Wireless Airport access = monthly recurring charges South Santa Monica, California

While waiting for a delayed transit flight at London Gatwick Airport, I signed up for what I understood to be 1 week's access in airports and other locations across the UK and Ireland to Boingo Wireless Internet, at a charge of $11.95 (as it was advertised to me). Through my UK/Ireland trip there was no other airport where Boingo wireless could be located.

Boingo charged my credit card $15.95. Then one month later, they charged me another $15.95, and again one month after that, and so on. What was represented as a one-off charge when I signed up became a monthly charge, at a higher rate. Even when I went to cancel my "subscription" (to which I never knowingly agreed), their website announces their intention to still charge me at the end of this billing cycle.

I was travelling and unable to receive credit card statements so I only noticed this recurring charge scam after several months. If you have used Boingo Wireless in an airport, check your credit card statement now, and check your account on their website too, to make sure that it hasn't been set up as a recurring monthly subscription.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2012 12:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BWIBOINGO-WIRELESS-800-880-4117CA/South-Santa-Monica-California-90404/BWIBOINGO-WIRELESS-800-880-4117CA-Boingo-Boingo-Wireless-Airport-access-monthly-recurr-819237. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BWI*BOINGO WIRELESS 800-880-4117CA