Complaint Review: Babies-R-Us

• Reported By: Dissappointed_In_PGH — Pennsylvania
Babies-R-Us
Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania USA

Babies-R-Us Untrained Employees Cranberry Twp Pennsylvania

I was in search of an item called Fisher Price Discover N Grow and found it at Walmart for 10.00 less than Babies R Us had this product.  In order to avoid lines at Walmart, I decided to get the product from Babies R Us since I had previously received an email from Babies R Us boasting about their price matching policy.

I got in line at BRU to check out with my phone in hand to show the cashier the price of the item that Walmart had listed it for and the cashier advised that they do not price match.  I asked if she could check with her manager and the manager also said that they do not price match.  I bought the product at their price thinking I must have been wrong.  When I got home, I checked their policy online and it says that they do price match and I couldn't find any reason that my particular item would not qualify (even though the employees stated that they simply just "do not do price matching".

I emailed corporate and never received a respose.

I understand that companies do not have to price match, but it is very discouraging when you drive by one store that has the item you want at a lower cost to get it from another store based on their policies only to be denied by untrained employees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Babies-R-Us/Cranberry-Twp-Pennsylvania/Babies-R-Us-Untrained-Employees-Cranberry-Twp-Pennsylvania-1100587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Babies-R-Us