Complaint Review: Babies R us

• Reported By: Jennifer — Hamden Connecticut
Babies R us
376 Universal Drive N north haven, Connecticut USA

Babies R us Toys R us Misleading warranty practices north haven Connecticut

Over the past 11 months I have placed two dozen calls, dozens of tweets, half a dozen emails. Spoken to 4-5 supervisors at Toys r us and gotten barely more than disconnections. I purchased a 249$ breast pump from Toys R US in North Haven, CT with a buyer protection program. On the back of the program pamphlet it states in plain language that any item under 300$ will be issued a gift card, as was explained to me in the store, since breast pumps cannot be returned, I should buy a BPP to get my money back. on 9/2/12 I purchased the pump and BPP and by 10/2012 it had stopped working and I started the arduous process of replacement.

I was initially promised a quick process by their retail location and a supervisor on the phone from Toys R us customer service then after days of waiting, was transferred to their warranty protection program which told me i had to buy ANOTHER breast pump out of pocket (300~$!!!!) and then get a refund in a few business days. Due to the length of this process my wife had stopped producing milk and since our baby had issues with feeding, she ended up with mastitis and had to be hospitalized. Back in 5/2013 I was promised by a supervisor I would get a gift card for 249$ for the amount of the pump but ws disconnected then never contacted,

now their "Warranty department" is saying I should buy another breast pump out of pocket and I will be mailed a check. This is getting ridiculous, regardless of terms and conditions that are on the pamphlet (several panels away from the final panel that states misleadingly that objects under 300$ get a gift card) consumers are mislead by their warranty promises. All I want is a 249$ gift card which was promised by retail and online employees to purchase an item for my son, I don't even want the money for the warranty back. I understand all objects have a fine print but there is a responsibility of a retailer to a consumer to be transparent and correctly market their products.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Babies-R-us/north-haven-Connecticut-06473/Babies-R-us-Toys-R-us-Misleading-warranty-practices-north-haven-Connecticut-1079898. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Babies R us